How far in advance can you make an Appointment for an Extension (CW)?

Next month, we need to do our annual visit to Chaengwattana to extend my Work Extension and my wife's and child's Dependant extensions.  Last year I only made one appointment for all 3 of us, and got told off and instructed to make three appointments next time.  In order to get three consecutive appointments I'm guessing I will need to make them on the day the bookings open.  Is it literally one month in advance that bookings can be made?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is it literally one month in advance that bookings can be made?

You made same thread one year ago.

The appointment link you posted in that thread is correct and works.

I just made an appointment from my phone for November 8 one minute ago. 

Had to request OTP twice as nothing came through to Gmail first effort. 

Would appear one month in advance possible. However only few days and time slots seem available. 

Edit: Info for others, I just now rescheduled my appointment one day earlier for a better time slot.

They now provide a reschedule option and your don't need to repeat process from beginning. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You made same thread one year ago.

The appointment link you posted in that thread is correct and works.

I just made an appointment from my phone for November 8 one minute ago. 

Had to request OTP twice as nothing came through to Gmail first effort. 

Would appear one month in advance possible. However only few days and time slots seem available. 

Edit: Info for others, I just now rescheduled my appointment one day earlier for a better time slot.

They now provide a reschedule option and your don't need to repeat process from beginning. 

Thanks.  Yes, I know how to do it, but was concerned about having to make 3 appointments back to back.  If only one slot is available, what do I do about my wife and kid?  We all need to be present at the same time, as their Extensions piggyback on mine.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If only one slot is available, what do I do about my wife and kid?  We all need to be present at the same time, as their Extensions piggyback on mine.

I noticed single and family box.

However family was show as "2" 

Thinking you have an issue.

All I can think of is don't make an appointment and obtain consecutive ticket numbers at que desk. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I noticed single and family box.

However family was show as "2" 

Thinking you have an issue.

All I can think of is don't make an appointment and obtain consecutive ticket numbers at que desk. 

The family option starts working after you select the reason for the appointment and you can change the number of persons up to 9.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The family option starts working after you select the reason for the appointment and you can change the number of persons up to 9.

Thanks wasn't aware of that.

Off topic however may be useful: in the past it seemed I wasn't able to make appointment for other service on same day as existing appointment. 

Just now I was able to make appointment for  TM47 an hour prior to my annual extension. 

So one visit. Nice 

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's great information - thanks!

Perhaps choose family and then enter second person info then next etc.

The problem might be that just earlier (when I made appointment) there was only one slot on the day I requested 8.30am

So how they can add multiple slots? 

Give it a try and update if possible. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Off topic however may be useful: in the past it seemed I wasn't able to make appointment for other service on same day as existing appointment. 

Just now I was able to make appointment for  TM47 an hour prior to my annual extension. 

A 90 day report is only valid for either 90 days, or when your extension ends. So according to your scenario, your 90 day report will only be valid for an hour, and then after your extension you will have to do another one?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

A 90 day report is only valid for either 90 days, or when your extension ends. So according to your scenario, your 90 day report will only be valid for an hour, and then after your extension you will have to do another one?

Nonsense. In any event the report prior to due date is to avoid fine.

Clearly you don't deal with CW. 

The only time TM47 should be linked to annual extension is for FIRST extension from a non O.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nonsense. In any event the report prior to due date is to avoid fine.

Clearly you don't deal with CW. 

The only time TM47 should be linked to annual extension is for FIRST extension from a non O.

I am not saying it is linked to the extension, all I am saying is that I thought that when you get your receipt for a 90 day report, it is either for 90 days or the length of your current extension, (whichever is shorter).

You love to use the word "nonsense", but I can tell you from personal experience that that is the case at my local office, where I had to do a report 3 days prior to my extension, and then another one on the day of my extension, (I too had to do the report to avoid a fine).

Red Phoenix
Red PhoenixGold Member
Advanced Member
Posted May 4, 2023
  On 5/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, DrJack54 said:
Some folk thinking 90 report has nothing to do with annual extensions are correct.

Except for first extension from a non O 

That first statement is not fully correct, or rather it depends on how your local Imm Office deals with the matter. 

Some Imm Offices (like my local SiSaKet office) automatically re-new your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension.  And when doing your 90-day report on-line during the last quarter of 1-year extension, your due date will not be 90-days after application but it will be capped to the expiry date of your 1-year permission to stay. 

That is actually very handy because if you do your 90-day reports in person you would not be confronted with a situation that you would have to go twice to Immigration, when the 90-day reporting window does not coincide with your 1-year extension of stay application date.

Another poster who has experienced what I wrote.

And your answer is not to acknowledge it. but "Not interested in random immigration offices." Fine, but you should be aware that not everyone uses CW and that posting what other offices do is useful for all those thousands of expats who do not use CW. This forum is not called "CW visa and extension questions only", it covers the whole of Thailand.

Edited by bigt3116

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is it literally one month in advance that bookings can be made?

Yes, IME, 30 days.

It's easy enough to determine this by simply trying to make an appointment, where you will see the calendar greyed out at +30.

Stringing together appointments can be challenging. I have done it with two (TM7, TM8). Threading three would be challenging.

Edited by bamnutsak

50 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Stringing together appointments can be challenging. I have done it with two (TM7, TM8). Threading three would be challenging.

The OP wants to make appointments at same desk (same service).

He will need find day that has consecutive slots available. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps choose family and then enter second person info then next etc.

The problem might be that just earlier (when I made appointment) there was only one slot on the day I requested 8.30am

So how they can add multiple slots? 

Give it a try and update if possible. 

Will do.  Going to have to wait a week or so for the date I want to open up.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP wants to make appointments at same desk (same service).

He will need find day that has consecutive slots available. 

Does the appointment system allow for one person to make multiple appointments for the same service?

I honestly don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking the online appointment booking page regularly this month in order to lock-in an appointment for my marriage extension renewal at CW next month.

However, each time I login the system says that the next 30 days is full (specifically for marriage family annual extension, as lots were still available for retirement annual extensions).

I was wondering whether any members have had any luck securing an appointment recently for CW annual marriage extension? Any recommendations on alternative methods for booking an appointment?

I'm suspicious that visa agents are somehow monopolizing the appointment slots.

image.thumb.png.0accf17de7e5a2f3316e3fe92712d84f.png

Edited by mark5335

30 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

I was wondering whether any members have had any luck securing an appointment recently for CW annual marriage extension?

I made 2 appointments at CW a week ago for November 5.

One for extension retirement and one for TM47 

I used this link 

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/

Note: off topic..you can now make appointments for COR.

Also you can print out your appointment on the spot

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I made 2 appointments at CW a week ago for November 5.

One for extension retirement and one for TM47 

Indeed, I checked other types of service on the booking system as well (which indicated that there was availability for those other services), so it seems that they are not allowing booking appointments for annual marriage extensions at the moment. Perhaps it's another ploy to shift more people onto the less laborious retirement extensions instead or to use agents.

I was wondering whether I could physically visit CW in person to make an advanced booking appointment a month in advance, or whether it can only be done using the online system?

Edited by mark5335

Just now, mark5335 said:

Indeed, I checked other types of service on the booking system as well (which indicated that there was availability), so it seems that they are not allowing booking appointments for annual marriage extensions at the moment.

Just now I tried for appointment for extension marriage.

Calendar shows October FULL 

Not letting me move to November.

Don't understand that. 

I can move to one month in advance for Retirement.

As pointed out I have appointments for Nov 5 made week ago 

Failing obtaining an appointment..

Arriving just prior to lunch break you could obtain que ticket and use the hour to do any extra paperwork eg bank letter etc..

The que desk lady will want to see your filled out TM7 (extension form) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, it seems they are presently blocking / preventing online appointments for marriage extensions.

So I think I'll take up your recommendation and dedicate the afternoon for submitting the application rather than doing early mornings as I had done in the past.