Health insurance vs non o visa

7 hours ago, Petchou said:

Thanks.  

What is OA? Which type of visa.

I am seeking retirement visa or extension 

A Non O-A is a multiple entry visa valid for one year and issued in passport country or country where you have permanent residence status. It requires insurance.

A Non O is a single entry visa. Upon entry you will be stamped with 90 day permission of stay. In the last month you will apply for 12 month extension.

A non O can be obtained at a Thai embassy/consulate or obtained in Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

It's not clear what you currently have. 

On 10/11/2024 at 8:09 AM, DrJack54 said:

A Non O-A is a multiple entry visa valid for one year and issued in passport country or country where you have permanent residence status. It requires insurance.

A Non O is a single entry visa. Upon entry you will be stamped with 90 day permission of stay. In the last month you will apply for 12 month extension.

A non O can be obtained at a Thai embassy/consulate or obtained in Thailand from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

It's not clear what you currently have. 

Thanks lot 

My understanding is if I do one year extension for retirement while living already in Thailand is considered Non O and doesn't require obligation to have health insurance.   Is it bright?

Thanks for your help 

4 minutes ago, Petchou said:

Thanks lot 

My understanding is if I do one year extension for retirement while living already in Thailand is considered Non O and doesn't require obligation to have health insurance.   Is it bright?

Thanks for your help 

If you arrive in Thailand with a Non O-A you require 12 month insurance.

For any annual extensions you require insurance.

You cannot obtain a Non O-A in Thailand.

If you obtain a Non O visa outside or inside of Thailand NO insurance is required.

Nor required for subsequent annual extensions. 

• Love It 1