Brand Name Goods Are Expensive In Thailand...

steffi

Is Thailand the most expensive country in Asia for brand name merchandise?

For instance an Armani Suit here will cost in the region of $4000 USD. Suit choice here is quite limited as well.

I've been following the prices of some brand name merchandise in my travels and noticed that Thailand is right up there when it comes to price.

It seems most designer goods at near 20-30% more expensive in Thailand than the same store elsewhere.

Recently returned from Singapore where my wife purchased a Mont Blanc wallet for her father for 7800 thb

but here it's 10700 thb. The 7800 thb was sans GST which is only 7%

It seems wherever the gap b/w rich and poor is the largest the higher end merchandise will be more expensive.

Zegna Tailored suits run about $2500 USD here.

Needless to say Thailand is not the place to buy designer goods and like Stickman said in this weeks weekly most Thai's travel to Singapore to pick up cheaper goods.

No wonder Jae Leng's so rich.

Is Thailand the most expensive country in Asia for brand name merchandise?

For instance an Armani Suit here will cost in the region of $4000 USD. Suit choice here is quite limited as well.

I've been following the prices of some brand name merchandise in my travels and noticed that Thailand is right up there when it comes to price.

It seems most designer goods at near 20-30% more expensive in Thailand than the same store elsewhere.

Recently returned from Singapore where my wife purchased a Mont Blanc wallet for her father for 7800 thb

but here it's 10700 thb. The 7800 thb was sans GST which is only 7%

It seems wherever the gap b/w rich and poor is the largest the higher end merchandise will be more expensive.

Zegna Tailored suits run about $2500 USD here.

Needless to say Thailand is not the place to buy designer goods and like Stickman said in this weeks weekly most Thai's travel to Singapore to pick up cheaper goods.

No wonder Jae Leng's so rich.

They hate anything imported here, and load up the taxes,if you dont beleive me ask anyone that has tried to import anything, especially by air, they charged me 8000 baht tax on an item i paid 7300 for, and told me beforehand it was 30 per cent !