Phuket Tourism Worries Mount Over Climate Change Impact

webfact

16 minutes ago, Surasak said:

I notice it hasn't rained for almost a week now. So yes, the climate has changed.

One puzzling phenomenon of the climate change.

Draught and unusual level of downpour can happen at the same time in the adjoining areas.

Might look strange, but having one same cause.

It is the rising temperature.

Higher(than usual) temperature  sucks up more water from the ground(in one area).

And then it goes up in the sky to form more clouds; more rain(in another area).

That is How the Super Dry & Super Wet can take one after another.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On a broader scale, recent global weather incidents, such as Hurricane Helene and Hurricane Milton, which recently hit Florida, illustrate the wider climate impact.

I often wonder if the damage in america would be far less if they build the houses of brick, stone and metal and not drift wood from the local bayou ! If  I had the choice between brick house and trailer in a park in the area, I know which I would go for 

I think the main reason of floods is that there is no " Town Plane " . I see more and more huge Condominiums and House Compounds builded in Cherngtalay but no drainage routes builded . I wonder where all the sewage is ending ? On top of the wilde building there is the climate change . Moonsons gets stronger and brings far more rain than before . Let's hope this high season will be sunny 🌞 

6 hours ago, lavender19 said:

I live on Phuket for nine years many years ago. It's always had floods and and landslides. More to do the blocking of klongs and building on hillsides Nothing to do with the BS climate change

Is that based on your knowledge or expertise or two elbows on a bar counter?

8 hours ago, KCPhuket said:

Really? It's climate change and not all the concrete? $$$$

Limiting development is easier than changing the weather.

Yes I was wondering if it wasn't climate but failure to put is adequate infrastructure to deal with all the run off.

9 hours ago, norsurin said:

I agree.The biggest problem is the criminals from the countries u mentioned.They know it but don't care.

How do criminals affect the climate anymore than honest people?

6 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Until Thailand has politicians and businesspeople, as well as political and big business leaders, who care more about the future of Thailand and the Thai people than exploiting the "system" to stuff more money in their pockets and (overseas) bank accounts, then Thailand is doomed.

So its been doomed for centuries, yet it's still going strong.