Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane - availability for visa appointments

CLW

Has anyone recently tried to make an online appointment at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane ?

Today is 15 October and there is no slot available until 7 November. Waiting time almost three weeks ? Must be a joke....

Is there a system error or they want people to use agents ?

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Today is 15 October and there is no slot available until 7 November. Waiting time almost three weeks ? Must be a joke....

Three weeks until the next available appointment aren't unusual.

I don't think you can find an agent that gets you an appointment sooner, but then again, who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Has anyone recently tried to make an online appointment at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane ?

Are you sure? I just checked and there are appointments Wed and Thu this week and Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri next week

https://www.thaivisavientiane.com/ThaiConsular/

Screenshot_20241015_153533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

6 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

They don't say "not allowed" - just that they aren't condoning / guaranteeing their services.  I'm sure it's a nice little earner for them.

Again it's in the "sign-in" warnings that make it pretty clear that only the individual is allowed to book appointment and they must appear in person at the Embassy.

Based on that I can't see what an agent can do.

Screenshot_20241015_155000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

On 10/15/2024 at 3:55 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Again it's in the "sign-in" warnings that make it pretty clear that only the individual is allowed to book appointment and they must appear in person at the Embassy.

Based on that I can't see what an agent can do.

I don't know how the agents do it, but I would guess customers provide their passport details in advance, and they book "for them" online, as slots become available.  I have also seen threads reporting on-site agent-service at consulate gates on short-notice. 

This would not preclude having to show up at the consulate yourself for processing.  Though that was not needed at some consulates in years past, it has been required everywhere for awhile, now.