TM 30 problem with Immigration

At Chaengwattana today they asked for the TM30. I told them the apartment I stay in already registered me with Immigration online (this has always worked before). The Immigration officer said their computer was down and she wanted TM30 as paper. Then she said it was a new rule (seems like every time I go to Immigration there is some new rule). So be aware, you may need to submit the stupid thing in paper format.

Experience has taught me every Immigration officer has a different take on the regulations. This being Thailand, anything is possible. This is why I never leave it till the last day.

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

So be aware, you may need to submit the stupid thing in paper format

Thanks for report.

Seems this a new thing when "upgrade" was made to online reporting and TM30 became necessary including reentry from international trip. 

I have never provided CW with a TM30 ever. 

Be that for annual extensions, COR, TM47 etc.

November I will attend CW for 12 month extension and will take a lovely new TM30 for the place I have lived in for 12+ years.

If I sound jaded then probably am. 

She also gave me a paper which says they further require.

1. Copy of the apartment owners ID, certified as a true copy.

2. Copy of house registration.

So I get back to my apartment to find the owner is away. The above papers not available. Now what?

I did manage to get a TM30 from the receptionist and a letter of explanation.

I have finally had enough of this and other <deleted> from Immigration. Anyone know where I can find the chief of Immigration?

• Haha 2

On 10/16/2024 at 6:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Seems this a new thing when "upgrade" was made to online reporting and TM30 became necessary including reentry from international trip. 

I have never provided CW with a TM30 ever. 

Be that for annual extensions, COR, TM47 etc.

November I will attend CW for 12 month extension and will take a lovely new TM30 for the place I have lived in for 12+ years.

If I sound jaded then probably am. 

When I did my Non OA extension last year at CW I was leafing through my documents for the map of my condo and IO saw TM30 in the pile and asked for it. I hadn't been asked for it  up to then and am not sure she would have asked had she not seen it. 

No telling what they will ask for. I have been here since 1981 and this was the first time they asked for a TM30. Welcome to the land of chaos and corruption. On the plus side, when I went back with TM30 the next day, I went direct to the IO as told and she had me in and out in 10 minutes. A new world record for a short time?!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

19 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

No telling what they will ask for. I have been here since 1981 and this was the first time they asked for a TM30.

Looking back one main reason I joined AseanNow was to try and keep up with immigration requirements.

I have never done a TM30. 

Same address 12 years.

In two weeks time I attend CW for annual extension.

I will do a TM30 to include in docs.

33 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

On the plus side, when I went back with TM30 the next day, I went direct to the IO as told and she had me in and out in 10 minutes. A new world record for a short time?!

You should now affix that TM30 receipt in your passport, so it's available if requested again.

11 extensions, and the TM30 receipt, has always been required as part of the submitted documentation.
Pretty standard these days.

In my experience, Immo/CW wants to help you comply with whatever new or old requirements there are.

Recently, I posted a thread where Immo/CW asked for a TM30 at the regular 90-day address report -- something they had never done.  

Instead of fining me or some other nonesense, they simply told me to present my TM30 receipt at the next 90-day address report.

I agree, this is a nuisance since we report our address every year (for those on long-stay extensions. 

But don't get paranoid.  They are far more concerned about the immigrants from the neighboring countries than they are with the "Farang" expates who populate this forum.