Translation of birth certificate

Guemlum

Does anyone know the procedure and requirements for getting a birth certificate translated from English to Thai? This is to obtain a Yellow Tabien Baan which has been requested by our local Amphur.

Guemlum

For the UK, I  had to get my birth certificate "legalised" in the UK at Milton Keynes. Then it has to go to the London Thai embassy to be "authenticated" and get their approval stamp. Then it had to be translated into Thai and sent to the Thai MoFA to be certified.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

What is your nationality?

For the UK, I  had to get my birth certificate "legalised" in the UK at Milton Keynes. Then it has to go to the London Thai embassy to be "authenticated" and get their approval stamp. Then it had to be translated into Thai and sent to the Thai MoFA to be certified.

English, and thanks for the info. Who in MK legalised it as I'm fairly local to MK?

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I did everything from Thailand by post.

I can imagine that took some time. I'm in the UK now and hoping things can be done slightly quicker.

Painful. My neighbour can legalise the documents so hoping this will speed things up. Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guemlum

8 minutes ago, Guemlum said:

Painful. My neighbour can legalise the documents so hoping this will speed things up. Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guemlum

What does legalise mean, in this context.