NOVAVAX - FDA Puts Clinical Hold on Covid-19, Flu Vaccines

Shares of vaccine maker fall sharply on the news

Source: https://www.wsj.com/health/pharma/novavax-says-fda-puts-clinical-hold-on-covid-19-flu-vaccines-a2e109b3?

image.png.4b4589f0a268e9adf3e55add05d9e97f.png

Novavax said federal regulators put a clinical hold on its application for a combination Covid-19 and influenza vaccine and stand-alone flu inoculation, sending shares down sharply.

• Like 1

I'm not so clued up on the FDA as I once was. But unless they have changed to rules; this is what occurs. Only one member of a small final committee has to say 'no' and it can't be passed. Although the distributor can again apply in just a couple of months

Now and again there is a committee member that puts a question-mark against a product. That is why the Thalidomide drug never went to the US. At least not officially. However some doctors in the system were given batches to use as an experiment.

The member who stood firm against Big Pharma back then, and I suspect others, was a lady named Frances Kelsea.

As I have said often enough on both AN and TT; the most important year of a child's life is the year before it is born. And the second most important year follows straight after.

Vioxx was withdrawn from the US market, after it was established that it had devastating side effects. OofC settlement of 5 billion dollars US, was paid into a fund for the drug victims.

None so blind as those who will not see.

Edited by owl sees all
added -- Although the distributor can again apply in just a couple of months