Heinz (or any) tinned soup

saintdomingo

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wow, Man....

Your suggestion might just be a lifesaver for me, as I will soon enter into the procedures of having several dental implants installed.

I had thought of the blender idea.

But, like you, I hate cleaning blenders.

So, if you wish, you might share more about your slow-simmering-SOLUTION.

Or, start a Topic, before I do.

You can utilize a slow cooker, rice cooker, or a trusty 100-baht 'multi-functional' pot with a lid on your preferred stove.

My favorite soup includes finely minced pork combined with glass noodles formed into small 'luuk chin', and is cooked with garlic, onions, carrots, Enoki mushrooms, Chinese celery, Chinese cabbage, and potatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper, and simmered until everything is tender. (Note: The glass noodles help soften the pork balls. Cut the firmer vegetables smaller and test a sample for tenderness before completing the cooking process.)

I typically prepare enough for two servings. The soup can be frozen for additional meals; occasionally, the potatoes may turn grainy, but this is usually not an issue.

By the following day, the soup in the fridge thickens to the consistency of a hearty stew.

There's no need for additional rice, as the noodles and potatoes provide ample carbohydrates, resulting in a very fulfilling dish.

Should you require further details, feel free to ask!

11 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

My favorite soup includes finely minced pork combined with glass noodles formed into small 'luuk chin', and is cooked with garlic, onions, carrots, Enoki mushrooms, Chinese celery, Chinese cabbage, and potatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper, and simmered until everything is tender. (Note: The glass noodles help soften the pork balls. Cut the firmer vegetables smaller and test a sample for tenderness before completing the cooking process.)

GREAT....

It's food ideas such as these that I need to be planning.

I never eat potatoes.

But all else is fair game for the pot.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

GREAT....

It's food ideas such as these that I need to be planning.

I never eat potatoes.

But all else is fair game for the pot.

My soup is basically a Thai soup or 'Gaeng Juut' which typically excludes the potatoes.

I also make a type of chilli con carne and tuna mornay for 'soft eaters', which is also good for freezing.

Edited by LosLobo

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Did you say TUNA?

i am BIG on Tuna.

Tuna mornay is a basic bechamel sauce with cheese, canned tuna, sweet corn and peas served with rice. 🙂

You do know how to make a basic bechamel?

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Tuna mornay is a basic bechamel sauce with cheese, canned tuna, sweet corn and peas served with rice. 🙂

You do know how to make a basic bechamel?

Actually...No.

You see, I have never cooked Western Food.

If anyone were to find me in the kitchen, at anytime, then I would be cooking SiChuan Food, if I were cooking anything.

SiChuan Food is very simple and fast.

Just...

SiChuan Peppercorns

Salt

And....basically...

That's IT !!!

For sure, I never cook anything other than SiChuan Food.

This is why I asked about the Tuna stew.

However, I never buy cheese.

So, this is liable to present a problem.

Corn, I do not eat either, unless it's New England Sweet Corn.

Peas are great.

And, of course rice is my favorite.

Also, I wonder what it might be like to just dump three cans of Tops Tuna Steak into a blender.

Pour the result into a slow cooker.

Then add the peas that you mention.

Plus maybe some ginger and vinegar.

No Cabbage though...(I'm sick of cabbage, by now.).

I have Tuna stockpiled, and so I will always use one can per day.

Pork: I like the idea of finely minced pork, stewed in a crock-pot with those Adzuki beans.

But, in this case, I would also be willing to add cabbage, which would complement the Adzuki beans.

There are really many variations that one can think up, ones that are both tooth-less friendly and delicious, I imagine.

Fortunately, I will never be toothless during this dental sojourn of mine.

I just need about 5 implants done.

And this means 9 months of waiting before I can really dig into my food, once again.

The first meal I have after implantation will probably be Roast Pork with KhaoNiao.

Looking forward to it, in fact...!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Makro stocks a range of Campbell's soups - corn, cream of mushroom, chicken etc.

Alternatively, buy a blender. I make a tasty thick soup by pureeing Northern Thai sausage with freshly cooked vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli.

That's a diet soup, use carrot and potato for carbohydrate content.

Potato and ham or bacon should be good.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You see, I have never cooked Western Food.

I wouldn't like to spoil that record or waste your time or mine.

Maybe start a Sichuan Food topic.

Enjoy your 'SiChuan Peppercorns & Salt'.