Thailand Live Tuesday 22 October 2024

3. 0

Thai cops race against crime to catch Chinese students kidnap gang

4. 32

Watershed moment: harris shuns live fundraiser and shuns Jesus comments

5. 52

Lisa Blackpink to Perform in Bangkok for Amazing Thailand Countdown 2025

6. 39

Visit Thailand for just under 90 days with Thai wife. Visa advice please.

7. 36

Thailand Live Tuesday 22 October 2024

8. 43

Samsung repairs / after sales service

9. 8

71-year-old Chinese Fugitive Arrested in Thailand after 201-Days Overstay

10. 0

Thai man arrested for stealing from Russian couple in Phuket

11. 4,078

Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

12. 0

کار فیلترشکن چیست؟

13. 3

Must-Know Famous Thai Ghost Stories

Female Doing Driving Practice Crashes Into Home, Causing Major Damage

Georgealbert

It is again education. Why do the dirty farang usually go to a driving school, learn the theoretical part of rules, regulations and street signs while the practical part is done with 20 - 40 driving lessons by a professional driving instructor on a one-on-one basis 

Glad to hear that nobody got hurt; Somchai might get a proper renovation of the residence to the former splendour of his palace. 

On 10/20/2024 at 10:44 AM, Gottfrid said:

Awesome driving! Accidentally stepped on the accelerator? So, off the road, through the fence, crash the door and run through a room and go through the kitchen wall as well. Might take 10-15 seconds for this woman to understand it´s time to remove the foot. Great reactions!

once again only halfe of the story,she did pass her driving test a few weeks later

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2024 at 2:24 AM, Denim said:

Absolutely correct IMO.  Automatic cars in the hands of novice drivers are just accidents waiting to happen. It should be compulsary to learn manual transmission then when a driving test is passed they can buy an automatic.

There is a mindset here that in some way automatics are superior in every way to manual transmissions. One less thing to have to learn and better for shorter legs. 

Automatics are more expensive ! So, they must be better !! ... (In the Thai mind)

16 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Automatics are more expensive ! So, they must be better !! ... (In the Thai mind)

Are they ?.. 

Most cars are Automatic - of the last 6 cars I've had, I haven't had the option to have anything other than an auto.... some had a paddle so I should gear shift if I wanted... but none had a clutch.

So... I'm not sure your comment... 'In the Thai mind' is valid - I think in most peoples minds an Auto is better....   because they are simply less hassle...  especially in traffic. 

I wouldn't want to drive a manual any more.... 

I do in the UK.... every time I visit (and use one my parents cars), Wife drives it too...  No hassle.

But an auto is just better, easier, simpler etc etc... 

Of course, if someone is a purist and wants to go track racing then fair enough - but thats different than just using a comfortable vehicle for going from A to B.

• Confused 1