Yahya Sinwar’s Gambit: A Failed Attempt to Reshape the Middle East

Social Media

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I'm claiming it's not disqualifying to be a journalist who once worked for Al Jazeera. At least the New York Times doesn't think so. The Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal also employ journalists who once worked for Al Jazeera.

You've already responded to that post once and asked me a question, are you hungry? 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I never asked you what you know, why? Because I care not the slightest. I won't get into what the Times does for their recruitment.........:saai:

Please. Either you're confessing that you posted an irrelevant piece of datu about a journalist, or you have some reason for thinking that having once been employed by Al Jazeera is relevant. But you offer no explanation why.

And given that highly respected and scrupulous organizations like the NY Times, The Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal, hire reporters that once worked for Al Jazeera, it's no wonder that you don't want to get into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Please. Either you're confessing that you posted an irrelevant piece of datu about a journalist, or you have some reason for thinking that having once been employed by Al Jazeera is relevant. But you offer no explanation why.

And given that highly respected and scrupulous organizations like the NY Times, The Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal, hire reporters that once worked for Al Jazeera, it's no wonder that you don't want to get into it.

I posted a fact. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess you know better than the New York Times how to judge who's a reliable journalist. And he was one of two. The other having won a George Polk Award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Polk_Awards

A George Polk award ?

That's an award given by a private American University and its curator is a former editor of the New York times and the New York times journalist was given the award

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I posted a fact. :thumbsup:

It's undoubted that you posted it. That isn't the issue. Relevance is. I've produced 3 eminent news organizations that have no problem with hiring reporters who worked for Al Jazeera. That's what relevant evidence looks like.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'd be interested to hear which Middle Eastern newspapers re good enough. AJ is a great news source for the ME.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

A George Polk award ?

That's an award given by a private American University and its curator is a former editor of the New York times and the New York times journalist was given the award

If only, or mainly, NY Times Journalists got an award, you'd have a better point. But that's far from the case. Not just that, there are lots of journalists at the NY Times. 

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's undoubted that you posted it. That isn't the issue. Relevance is. I've produced 3 eminent news organizations that have no problem with hiring reporters who worked for Al Jazeera. That's what relevant evidence looks like.

I've produced 3 eminent news organizations that have no problem with hiring reporters who worked for Al Jazeera

and?

I bet he enjoyed his time there cutting his journalist skills after he left Qatar Uni eh

image.png.02a004a907dcb466efa76f716fa352f9.png

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've produced 3 eminent news organizations that have no problem with hiring reporters who worked for Al Jazeera

and?

I bet he enjoyed his time there cutting his journalist skills after he left Qatar Uni eh

image.png.02a004a907dcb466efa76f716fa352f9.png

If you're trying to make a case for him having a distinguished and successful career so far, you've done that. Thanks.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you're trying to make a case for him having a distinguished and successful career so far, you've done that. Thanks.

Am I doing that? If thats what you think I will take the thanks anyway......lol, you are very welcome

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Instead, Saudi Arabia is warming relations with its traditional archenemy, Iran, while insisting that any diplomatic pact now hinges on Israel’s acceptance of a Palestinian state, a remarkable turnaround for the kingdom.

As far as I can recall , Saudi Arabia has always called for an independent Palestinian state when in talks with Israel .

Its not a "turnaround" or even a "remarkable turn around " as its always been Saudis policy   .

When  did these new talks between Saudi and Israel take place and the "remarkable turnaround" revealed ?

It doesn't seem to have been reported  anywhere 

Sinwar:  “We have the Israelis right where we want them.”🤣 

Middle East bluster is the funniest. Reminds me of Baghdad Bob:

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die."

'We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels. We have driven them back."

• Like 1

In my opinion, Sinwar's actions were deeply rooted in the broader context of Palestinian resistance, not solely in a desire to provoke a regional conflict aimed at Israel's destruction. His actions reflected the frustrations and aspirations of many Palestinians who seek self-determination and an end to occupation.  

Characterizing Sinwar's actions solely as cowardice overlooks the complex realities faced by leaders in conflict zones, where decisions are often influenced by the dire circumstances of their communities.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In my opinion, Sinwar's actions were deeply rooted in the broader context of Palestinian resistance, not solely in a desire to provoke a regional conflict aimed at Israel's destruction. His actions reflected the frustrations and aspirations of many Palestinians who seek self-determination and an end to occupation.  

Well , Gaza wasn't occupied before the war as no Isrealis /Jews lived there .

Now after the war Gaza is likely to be occupied for the foreseeable future 

Since you can't find anything wrong with their reporting, you go after their ethnicity instead. You've got nothing. Well, not nothing. You've got bigotry. Lots and lots of bigotry.

100%

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic after that little diversion.............

Sinwar’s wife caught in this photo sneaking to the tunnels the night before October 7th - get this - clutching a $32,000 Hermes Birkin bag!

image.png.74405951f580ece18770555e24a91a6a.png

https://x.com/Israel/status/1847835520216252872

Did that bag win a George Polk award though ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

I'm not an antisemite, what have I ever written to suggest that? 

I remember you once "outed" Chester Crocker" for being Jewish. And over and over again you've cited Jewish ethnicity as a reason not to trust different people's takes on the situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I remember you once "outed" Chester Crocker" for being Jewish. And over and over again you've cited Jewish ethnicity as a reason not to trust different people's takes on the situation.

I've no idea who Chester Crocker is! 

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'd be interested to hear which Middle Eastern newspapers re good enough. AJ is a great news source for the ME.

We know.................🤕.........................:saai:

on the other hand...

A Mideast Shift Is Underway, Without Israel

A year ago, Saudi Arabia was preparing to recognize Israel in a normalization deal that would have fundamentally reshaped the Middle East and further isolated Iran and its allies while barely lifting a finger to advance Palestinian statehood.
Now, that deal is further away than ever, even after the killing of the Hamas leader, Yahya Sinwar, which has been widely seized upon as a potential opening for a peace deal. Instead, Saudi Arabia is warming relations with its traditional archenemy, Iran, while insisting that any diplomatic pact now hinges on Israel’s acceptance of a Palestinian state, a remarkable turnaround for the kingdom.

https://archive.ph/DYldd#selection-4711.0-4715.179

A Trump Whitehouse would have prevented all this and more in Afghanistan and Ukraine etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HK MacPhooey said:

A Trump Whitehouse would have prevented all this and more in Afghanistan and Ukraine etc

Agreed, let's hope the US people see sense and get him back in. just think the financial damage these wars is costing the USA. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, HK MacPhooey said:

Can you please teleport the evidence from the alternative universe you live in to prove your case?

It seems very odd, though, that someone who campaigns on a platform of America First and sets himself firmly against foreign interventions, somehow will be able to dissuade other nations from engaging in warfare. Will he launch his formidable power of ridicule against them?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Since you can't find anything wrong with their reporting, you go after their ethnicity instead. You've got nothing. Well, not nothing. You've got bigotry. Lots and lots of bigotry.

I did eventually reply to the content of the article asking you to back up the claims and you now seem to be ignoring that post .

When did Saudi Arabia make those alleged new demands ?

Saudi have always favoured a two state solution and its not a new requirement , your article is wrong about the claims that its a new demand from Saudi , as it has ALWAYS been the Saudi position