How Many Of Us In Nakhon?

steverino

is there somewhere all us locals can meet up, maybe Seans in that Moo Baan I haven't a clue to the location of. Anyone up for it?

Weekends sound good coz of the breaky! Might be good for networking etc.

Cheers

Steve

is there somewhere all us locals can meet up, maybe Seans in that Moo Baan I haven't a clue to the location of. Anyone up for it?

Cheers

Steve

Sounds like a great idea, count me out of it though... good luck, getting everyone together... how long time will it take to cook for all 150 Sean? by the way, is it only the white foreigners or all colours with different passports?

how many do you think it will be...

steverino Posted Today, 2007-08-06 11:22:22

Cheers

Steve

snowflake Posted Today, 2007-08-06 11:33:11

Sounds like a great idea, count me out of it though... good luck, getting everyone together... how long time will it take to cook for all 150 Sean? by the way, is it only the white foreigners or all colours with different passports?

how many do you think it will be...

Snowflake is an unsocial git, hates farang get-togethers. Good mate though.

We had a monthly get together about 5 years ago, fewer farang around then, around 8-12 people would show up. I suspect wherever it is held you could not expect more than 20-30 out of the 150.

We have a very small scale operation at the moment, will be expanded with a bigger menu over the next couple of months. 20-30 we could handle if we knew people were coming and they did not all order at once. At the moment, having just started, the number of people coming to eat is very erratic, could be one or two farang one night and 15 the next, so hard to plan and prepare for.

Sean

Well Sean, at least I get out of my MooBaan once a week, what about you?

I generally go out and meet several foreigners once a week but the great gatherings are not for me... To many white faces here just wanting to get really drunk and wasted. Then think it is ok to drive home on a motorbike...

I know I used to drink and drive and I still do now but I have to say that I have never been wasted when I have driven home... (on a motorbike)...

Besides, I just dont like white people... Always so much gossip and backstabbing going on....

We men gossip more here in Thailand than the girls does... What does that tell you???????

Ps... The food is well worth the wait at Pam's Tavern AKA Sean's place...

Tatler Posted Today, 2007-08-06 16:05:26

Too many white people in Nakhon now!! Little snowflake i agree..........

Not commenting on it being good or bad but I remember when Snowflake and I started (on the same day) in Nakhon six years ago. There were very few white folk around in Nakhon. One used to stop and enquire where they were from etc.. Used to be treated very differently by the locals as well. I think there was a lot more respect from the ''Nakonites''.

Not commenting on it being good or bad but I remember when Snowflake and I started (on the same day) in Nakhon six years ago. There were very few white folk around in Nakhon. One used to stop and enquire where they were from etc.. Used to be treated very differently by the locals as well. I think there was a lot more respect from the ''Nakonites''.

Guess this is a waste of time as usual but wth... Sean, stop advertising this city... There are to many here and we are getting a very bad reputation among the Thais, just think back a few weeks, what is happening here?

But I have found a solution, I will not go and see anyone that does not come to see me,haha very few people knows where I live so I will live quite happily from now on, and that goes for you too Sean, you have to come to my house before I come to see you again. (This sentence was written by an English Teacher, KILL ME)

Well have fun today and do remember that large congregations of white people is not tolerated by the Thai government and we should follow their wishes to stay far apart from eachother...

Thank you and have a nice day...

I have lost it now...

Well, it's nice to know you all get on so well !! I'm stuck out here in Ron Phibun, and the only other person I know who isn't Thai is Gizelle who's in Sichon, the other side of the Metropolis to me.

Incidently, my original posting was aimed at members of this forum, be they Thai , Brit, Serbo Croat or from Upper Volta. I didn't intend to mislead you all into thinking it was an attempt at getting a subversive group of white power freaks together!

So is there anyone in Tung song or Ron who wants to be a little bit sociable?

I know for sure I 'll be going to Seans place though I don't quite know how soon it will be, though I'd be grateful if Sean would give me directions from my approach to Nakhon, either by PM or on here, whatever.

I shall remember to keep a stoney face next time I see a Farang in Carrefour or Tesco's !!!

PLease read this with humour in mind!

I know for sure I 'll be going to Seans place though I don't quite know how soon it will be, though I'd be grateful if Sean would give me directions from my approach to Nakhon, either by PM or on here, whatever.

Ok, so If you are driving I assume you know the way to Robinson Ocean... If not, dont come... .

From Robinsons Ocean (behind you right side KFC) you walk out of the car park and TURN LEFT...

Drive straight forward till the large intersection (BIG FLASHY LIGHTS) TURN RIGHT...

Drive straight forward till you are lost( about 3.5 kilometer) pass the first crossroad (Go straight) and turn left at the large Muban entrance (100m after the crossroads)...

The place is next to the minimarts so you should not have a problem finding it... Just make sure that you go there after 4pm during the week and good luck during the weekend...

PM Sean to get his phone number...

(PS he likes it if you can complain about anything...)

Enjoy your meal sir...

PS2... I am not SEAN regardless of what VTR 1000 calls me...

Edited by snowflake

steverino Posted Today, 2007-08-07 12:19:25

Well, it's nice to know you all get on so well !! I'm stuck out here in Ron Phibun, and the only other person I know who isn't Thai is Gizelle who's in Sichon, the other side of the Metropolis to me.

Incidently, my original posting was aimed at members of this forum, be they Thai , Brit, Serbo Croat or from Upper Volta. I didn't intend to mislead you all into thinking it was an attempt at getting a subversive group of white power freaks together!

I shall remember to keep a stoney face next time I see a Farang in Carrefour or Tesco's !!!

Don't take Snowflake to seriously, he loves to be contrary. We get on pretty well in NS. Always glad to have a chat with someone, be they white, black, pink or green! Even in Carrefour or Tesco!

Easiest way from Ron Pibun is to head into Nakhon, and turn left onto Patanakukwan road (the one with Tesco, Twin Lotus and Ocean) then follow my instructions in the post about good farang food in Nakhon.

snowflake Posted Today, 2007-08-07 12:30:12

PS2... I am not SEAN regardless of what VTR 1000 calls me...

Since when have I been you? :o

Since when have I been you? :o

You have been me since I did not want to go out with VTR1000 long time ago... (The nickname for one person that does not leave the MooBaan is SEAN...)

Sure it is nice to have a talk to someone but you might think about leaving your house one day to visit some of your friends, not only expect them to come to you... Might stop comming then...

People do get along in this town... But dont take Seans word for it, he doesnt know... All he knows is how to sit infront of his computer at home fiddeling with global warming and formula one GP...

Ask him to meet you at Kukwang and you will see...

Youse guys is all full of so much love...

Why don't you all organise a BBQ for the long weekend around the 19/20th? Do it as an all day affair and then you can get beered-up and see who can belch the longest. (Snowflake can use coke, if he can't hack the beer.) That'll be a fun way to meet people you never met before...

Sean, how about brewing yer own beer, getting a mirror ball up, karaoke PC? Might tempt Snowflake out...

:o:D:D:D

I know for sure I 'll be going to Seans place

PLease read this with humour in mind!

Hey!

I live in Tung song; my name is Ron; and I rent a house down the block from Seans place.

Small world! :o

OK, Sean. Enuff talk about white folk.

Well Sean, at least I get out of my MooBaan once a week, what about you?

I generally go out and meet several foreigners once a week but the great gatherings are not for me... To many white faces here just wanting to get really drunk and wasted. Then think it is ok to drive home on a motorbike...

I know I used to drink and drive and I still do now but I have to say that I have never been wasted when I have driven home... (on a motorbike)...

Besides, I just dont like white people... Always so much gossip and backstabbing going on....

We men gossip more here in Thailand than the girls does... What does that tell you???????

Ps... The food is well worth the wait at Pam's Tavern AKA Sean's place...

They're not bad. Why, some of my best friends are...

:o

nakhonsiron Posted Today, 2007-08-08 14:57:00

OK, Sean. Enuff talk about white folk.

Sorry, just a generalisation for farang, no offence meant! : :o

You give up way to easy Sean, grow some balls and go for white supremacy... I on the other hand welcome other skin colours as my mates and equals...

2 more falang in Thung Song, and interested in potentiala meet-ups.

Hey Ron - I think I've heard of you, but we haven't met. Do you know Danny? Are you a teacher in Nakhon and your son attends Ratana Suksa school?

Thats it, too many of us now... I will leave soon..

Hey Ron - I think I've heard of you, but we haven't met. Do you know Danny? Are you a teacher in Nakhon and your son attends Ratana Suksa school?

Yes, I know Danny; and my son used to go to Ratana. We have since (the beginning of this school year) transferred my son into the EP (P.2) at Sae Man Meung School in Nakhon (across the road from Kanlayanee).

Are you newly part of the Ratana bunch, or with Satri? I guess I'll have to pop over to SamJay to meet the new crop of visitors :o

Yes, I'm the new P 1/2 teacher at Ratana this term, and my partner Peter is teaching the after school lessons at Tookta's office.

Yes, I know Danny; and my son used to go to Ratana. We have since (the beginning of this school year) transferred my son into the EP (P.2) at Sae Man Meung School in Nakhon (across the road from Kanlayanee).

Are you newly part of the Ratana bunch, or with Satri? I guess I'll have to pop over to SamJay to meet the new crop of visitors :o