Vislube eyedrop dispenser slow emittance?

Gandtee

I have to squeeze my eye drop dispenser for about a minute before a drop comes out. The dispenser is fairly hard plastic, so my poor old fingers have problems keeping the pressure on. Is anyone using Vislube and having the same problem and maybe how to solve it?

5 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I have to squeeze my eye drop dispenser for about a minute before a drop comes out. The dispenser is fairly hard plastic, so my poor old fingers have problems keeping the pressure on. Is anyone using Vislube and having the same problem and maybe how to solve it?

I previously used the single-dose Vislube, which was easy to dispense. However, I eventually discovered that Vislube caused me significant eye pain, a problem that seems to occur occasionally with others. Consequently, I switched to the more affordable carboxymethylcellulose or natural tear-type eye drops, which proved to be equally effective.

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I previously used the single-dose Vislube, which was easy to dispense. However, I eventually discovered that Vislube caused me significant eye pain, a problem that seems to occur occasionally with others. Consequently, I switched to the more affordable carboxymethylcellulose or natural tear-type eye drops, which proved to be equally effective.

VisLube was prescribed by the doctor treating me for macular degeneration.  The problem I have is getting the drops out of the super dooper? one drop, fairly hard dispenser. I have to squeeze it for ages. Coming up to ninety one my fingers are not as strong as they once were. I just want to know if there is an easy way of doing it. Could the dispenser be at fault or is this normal? Thanks for your reply.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

VisLube was prescribed by the doctor treating me for macular degeneration.  The problem I have is getting the drops out of the super dooper? one drop, fairly hard dispenser. I have to squeeze it for ages. Coming up to ninety one my fingers are not as strong as they once were. I just want to know if there is an easy way of doing it. Could the dispenser be at fault or is this normal? Thanks for your reply.

What is a super dooper?

Does your dispenser look like this :

6e13210d47fe745dc6ab5017dc22133937248d5b.png

If not buy some, maybe easier.

If it does a few suggestions:

1. Pre-cut the tip: Cut the tip of the applicator with something sterile to make it easier to press.
  2. Use a dropper aid: Consider purchasing a dropper aid or adapter that helps squeeze the vial with less pressure.
  3. Warm the vial slightly: Warm the vial in your hands to make the plastic more pliable.

Or get someone else to do it or if that doesn't work consult your doctor.

Your doctor may have prescribed Vislube for you but it is not typically used for macular degeneration it is for dry eye, did he prescribe anything else?

2 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

I recommend that you try Hialid 0.1 as it is the easiest to use and works much like artificial tears (i.e. it's pretty thin).

In my personal experience the thinner solutions have to be applied much more often to get the same result as Vislube. For bedtime I apply an excellent gel called Vidisic gel. 

Edited by msbkk

Thank you for the replies. I think I've solved the problem. The dispenser is almost empty.!!🤪 I need to get my brain tested as well as my eyes. Old age. I'm not looking forward to it😉