Final Year University Student Arrested with 354 kg of Meths, Claims Father Set Her Up

Georgealbert

IMG_7178.jpeg

Police from the Border Patrol Police Division 24 and Udon Thani Provincial Police held a press conference on October 22, announcing the arrest of Ms. Baitong, a 21-year-old fourth-year university student from Udon Thani, for possession of 354 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine, worth an estimated 354 million baht. The arrest took place in front of a hotel in Udon Thani on October 21.

Acting on a tip-off about a planned drug delivery in the area, the police conducted a stakeout and observed a white Honda City, registration number from Udon Thani, parked in front of the hotel. At around 18:30, a woman later identified as Ms. Baitong approached the vehicle. Police officers revealed themselves and conducted a search.

Inside the car, officers discovered 12 large multicolored sacks filled with 354 one-kilogram packages of dried tea leaves branded with Chinese logos. Upon closer inspection, the bags were found to contain crystal methamphetamine. Ms. Baitong was immediately arrested and taken into custody for further investigation.

During questioning, Ms. Baitong claimed that her father, Vee, a 50-year-old Lao national, had contacted her asking her to hold some packages for him. She stated that she had no knowledge of the contents being drugs and believed she was simply doing a favour for her father. Ms. Baitong, who was raised by her grandparents after her parents separated, said her mother now lives abroad and supports her financially, while her father occasionally sends money.

She tearfully recounted how her father would only contact her every few months and that she had never been involved in any of his illegal activities. Although she admitted to occasionally helping him drive, she insisted she did not know what he was transporting. On this occasion, her father told her to leave her car parked and that someone would load the items before she went to her hotel room. When she returned to the car, she was arrested.

Visibly distressed, Ms. Baitong expressed her shock and devastation, stating, “I love my father so much, and I just wanted him to love me back. I had no idea he would do this to me. I’m a student in my final year, about to graduate, and now my life is ruined. I never received love from him, and now this is what I’m left with.”

Ms. Baitong revealed that her father had called her the previous day, but she missed the call. Since her arrest, she has been unable to reach him, and her father has not returned her calls. Authorities are continuing their investigation and searching for her father, who remains at large.

Picture courtesy of the police.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-23

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1