Oz Murders Gf In Silom

dick turpin

Paul Barlow...

I didn't know the guy, but I know people who knew him. He lived here (Philippines) for a while, quite a few years ago; the expat circle is a small world.

Lot of shock when this news hit. His reputation here was pretty good, people remember him as a nice guy and a pretty straight guy. An ex-girlfriend, by no means a bar girl, told me that he was extremely loyal, never laid a hand on her, and that she had no complaint of any kind against him.

As nearly as we can piece together from people who kept in touch with him, a year or so back he starting drifting pretty heavily into a drug-intensive scene, first ecstasy, then meth, probably other stuff as well. Business started breaking up, lost money, lost friends, extreme depressive periods, increasingly erratic behaviour. We heard from Oz that people tried to stop him from going back to Thailand after the fight incident, but he wouldn't listen.

Not making any kind of excuses for the guy, we're all responsible for our choices and our actions. Might be worth noting though that he may not have been some kind of career monster, just an ordinary bloke that hit a self-destructive patch and didn't have the strength to pull out of it. I have no idea what really happened... if it was just addiction, maybe underlying mental health issues that could have been treated, maybe something else altogether. All I know is that someone who once had his act together fell apart, and two people are dead.

Which sucks.

Decent post, and interesting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thailand can suck you in and spit you out, and it's not for those with weak characters. It's merciless. It seems to have claimed another victim who, obviously, was ill-equipped to resist the destructive temptations of the place.

" It was a wet and steamy night in downtown Bangkok and the only angels playing harps were the sisters of mercy renting their charity to the hungry and stupid. Slouched in a back street hoochie coochie bar nursing my own cup of bile, I knew the score and it wasn't pretty. This town could kill but I never knew a patsy that didn't have it coming. My name is Bend It, and I'm a lawyer......"

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist it, the melodrama of Bendix's post was simply too much :o

Paul Barlow...

I didn't know the guy, but I know people who knew him. He lived here (Philippines) for a while, quite a few years ago; the expat circle is a small world.

Lot of shock when this news hit. His reputation here was pretty good, people remember him as a nice guy and a pretty straight guy. An ex-girlfriend, by no means a bar girl, told me that he was extremely loyal, never laid a hand on her, and that she had no complaint of any kind against him.

As nearly as we can piece together from people who kept in touch with him, a year or so back he starting drifting pretty heavily into a drug-intensive scene, first ecstasy, then meth, probably other stuff as well. Business started breaking up, lost money, lost friends, extreme depressive periods, increasingly erratic behaviour. We heard from Oz that people tried to stop him from going back to Thailand after the fight incident, but he wouldn't listen.

Not making any kind of excuses for the guy, we're all responsible for our choices and our actions. Might be worth noting though that he may not have been some kind of career monster, just an ordinary bloke that hit a self-destructive patch and didn't have the strength to pull out of it. I have no idea what really happened... if it was just addiction, maybe underlying mental health issues that could have been treated, maybe something else altogether. All I know is that someone who once had his act together fell apart, and two people are dead.

Which sucks.

Before I came onto reading your post I was thinking by myself....."maybe use of Yaba and booze, or combination of them"

Looks like it, but sadly, 2 lives are lost.

My sympathy to both families :o

LaoPo

does anybody remember a post dated 2007-08-08 04:34:41 this guy sent me a pm about his

girlfriend seeing a french guy and told me he had found an e-mail from him to her i deleted the

message a few days ago , she was working in patpong

a very concerned colino

Edited by colino

quoted........"I have no idea what really happened... if it was just addiction, maybe underlying mental health issues that could have been treated, maybe something else altogether. All I know is that someone who once had his act together fell apart, and two people are dead....."

I blame it on the drugs he had took and some on the girfriend for the part that she still sneaky seeing the other two French guys: Tony and Xvier, to the point that he beated her up and she had to spend the night at her friend's.

The extreem jealousy combined with his taking drugs was the final blow that sealed their fates.

How come no one from his family back home in Aus. came forward to claim the body ?

I hope that he receive a proper burial so that his soul is set free.

R-I-P

quoted........"I have no idea what really happened... if it was just addiction, maybe underlying mental health issues that could have been treated, maybe something else altogether. All I know is that someone who once had his act together fell apart, and two people are dead....."

I blame it on the drugs he had took and some on the girfriend for the part that she still sneaky seeing the other two French guys: Tony and Xvier, to the point that he beated her up and she had to spend the night at her friend's.

The extreem jealousy combined with his taking drugs was the final blow that sealed their fates.

How come no one from his family back home in Aus. came forward to claim the body ?

I hope that he receive a proper burial so that his soul is set free.

R-I-P

He has a loving family and very destraught friends in Australia and his remains are back in Aus.....

Unfortunatley this is the biggest sign i have seent that drugs can change a person. Not all the facts are seen, what about the girl friend he had (of many years) waiting from him whilst he was (doing business????) in thailand... A beautiful girl, loyal and stood by him for years, which after going to thailand with him last year came back home waiting but he had to stay for business...

Before he hit thailand he was as sane as the rest of us just his grasp on reality was lost.... All this a side, a great guy to know... People stay away from drugs.........

quote.........."He has a loving family and very destraught friends in Australia and his remains are back in Aus.....

Unfortunatley this is the biggest sign i have seent that drugs can change a person. Not all the facts are seen, what about the girl friend he had (of many years) waiting from him whilst he was (doing business????) in thailand... A beautiful girl, loyal and stood by him for years, which after going to thailand with him last year came back home waiting but he had to stay for business...

Before he hit thailand he was as sane as the rest of us just his grasp on reality was lost.... All this a side, a great guy to know... People stay away from drugs.........

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the useful reply.

Now I know 'Paul Barrow' is in a better place. Good to know that he was loved by his friends, families, colleques and those who were touched by him.

Obviouly, your lives are over once you're taken over by the devil powerful drugs.

Coincidently, this morning there was a report about a famous Hollywood actor 'Owen Wilson' was found with a slashed wound on his left wrist and an empty drug bottle by his side, he was rushed to the hospital.

Let's pray for himon the road to recovery.

• 3 months later...

Paul Barlow............. . I knew him since 1997 , he had business in Rhodes/Greece and I was his accountant but also a friend . In 2004, I moved to Germany and I did not have frequently contact with him. Today i informed that he is dead. A very sad story. Paul was a really nice guy. He was very kind and friendly. He was just a normal guy and I cannot believe what he did to his girlfriend and to himself.

Goodbye friend , I will miss you ...............

Tuned into my local radio station in the UK (West Chiltington - Sussex - UK) this morning and they were reporting the death of a local man who deliberately drove his car into a tree on Christmas Eve and died and then when the police started investigating the case their investigations lead them to the discovery of his wife's dead body not too far away from the scene of the accident. Murdered.

Nice Christmas for that particular family!

Wonder - if like this Si-lom case - there was somebody else?

does anybody remember a post dated 2007-08-08 04:34:41 this guy sent me a pm about his

girlfriend seeing a french guy and told me he had found an e-mail from him to her i deleted the

message a few days ago , she was working in patpong

a very concerned colino

I think the mods and the police might be interested in this. Over to the mods.

Everytime when I read about his life tributed here by some of his friends and associates. I feel very sad and at the same time couldn't help wondering how his life ended in such a horible and tragedy.

We're talking about Paul Marrow, the guy was in his prime when he ended his life at aged 41. Most of his life, he had hold a good job, had run a sucessful business, had a terrific girlfriend from his own country. Everone who had known him all said the same thing that he was a real nice guy, a gentle and kind and well liked.

Then what happened ?

What caused him to be so destructive that he chose a murder-suicide as his way out.

May you rest in peace.

Yes if that is the case, the change from white to black seems very sudden and something must have happened and it would be interesting to hear what the trigger was.

you want to see a fast change from si-caw to si-dam, and trigger this kind of jealousy and brutality? one word for you... ice.

i can only offer my condolences to the bereaved and the victim..

:o

" It was a wet and steamy night in downtown Bangkok and the only angels playing harps were the sisters of mercy renting their charity to the hungry and stupid. Slouched in a back street hoochie coochie bar nursing my own cup of bile, I knew the score and it wasn't pretty. This town could kill but I never knew a patsy that didn't have it coming. My name is Bend It, and I'm a lawyer......"

:o

Cracker that one ''gent'', will use it for my next postcards/e-mails home.

Decent post, and interesting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thailand can suck you in and spit you out, and it's not for those with weak characters. It's merciless. It seems to have claimed another victim who, obviously, was ill-equipped to resist the destructive temptations of the place.

Your saying is a fact .

Too many people loose their way in this country ,

guess they get hooked to the lifestyle , went angry

when realizing it isn't to be like they thought it would be and before ya know

its too late .

RIP to all his friends and family .

This thread above all others show just how Methamphetamine can change people....it really is a scourge on all societies.

Having said that....how often do we hear of the effect that Thailand has on people...according to reports and posts here....he had a loving girl in Oz....a gf in the Phillipines for a while and this girl in Thailand...So he wasnt a total angel...the guy had some serious issues of his own making and it is a real shame that a girl who was only doing what a mulitude of other working girls do, paid the ultimate price...

Perhaps Mr S Leather could have written a book based on this....it would have been better than the one he wrote.