High-Riding/High-Stepping Women: What’s with all the kicking going on around here?

Dear Folks,

In all my born days on Planet Earth, I had never seen a girl kick another girl in the face…

Not before moving to Thailand.

For one thing, in the United States, few women are as “high-stepping” as Thai girls, it seems.

One almost needs to be a contortionist to just, one moment, be standing still.

And then next moment; at lightning speed, just reach out and clock another girl in the kisser with one’s foot.

How do girls here manage this….physically, I mean.

I first saw this near the university, just outside one of the gates of CMU.  Of course, I really doubt that the two girls were uni students.  I am sure they were not.

I have only witnessed this once, in the early evening.  I was completely shocked.

When it happened, I was immediately reminded of the character Vera Donovan in Stephen King’s story, ‘Dolores Claiborne’, where two women are talking about the need for women to be….High-Stepping…or High-Riding...whatever that means, and I know what it means.  The term ‘high-stepping’ actually has several accepted meanings.

So then….How many here have witnessed one girl kicking another girl in the teeth?  I bet almost NOBODY….  Just too shocking for words.  I hope you never see this because it’s a hard thing to get out of one’s mind,  I am still unable to un-see it, even after almost eight years since it happened.

And, what if one were to marry a girl like this?

Would one ever be able to let down one’s guard, even for a minute?

KaPow !!!!

Right in the Kisser !!!

I did a little search on YT for the movie segment in which Vera Donovan is lecturing Caiborne about the need for women to be “high-stepping” in this world of ours.

I am too old and not flexible enough to kick anyone in the kisser, fortunately. Sometimes I wish I could. But, I am glad that I cannot, or I might end up at the BKK Hilton if I did.

So why didn’t this one girl at the uni prosecute the other girl for using such force while standing outside the uni gate?  Some things here in Thailand, I guess I will never understand.

Do you understand all things here in Thailand?

Best regards,

Gamma

NOTE4: IT’S A DEPRESSINGLY MASCULINE WORLD WE LIVE IN….DOLORES….

Oh, My!

Careful, Guys.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thais have outstanding flexibility. I'd be in traction if I tried to do what my GF does, by way of stretching exercises.

I agree with you, completely.

In addition, the reason I found the reported kicking incident so very shocking is due to the fact that I have always found Thai women, almost invariably, to be nothing short of polite and ladylike.

What a shocker....let me tell you!!!!

I think I may even have suffered a bit of PTSD from just being a witness.

Suffice to say, that this memory is still burned in my mind, after so many years have elapsed.

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I agree with you, completely.

In addition, the reason I found the reported kicking incident so very shocking is due to the fact that I have always found Thai women, almost invariably, to be nothing short of polite and ladylike.

What a shocker....let me tell you!!!!

I think I may even have suffered a bit of PTSD from just being a witness.

Suffice to say, that this memory is still burned in my mind, after so many years have elapsed.

I did not know CMU was such a bad neighborhood.

Perhaps good manners are not to be found in some of the young. It was ever thus.

When I lived in Singapore I enrolled for a martial arts course, we had to get police clearance for it, but one of the first things we were taught was kicking a person up the side of the head, used to be able to do it easily back then but now I even have trouble climbing the stairs..... 😒 

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I did not know CMU was such a bad neighborhood.

Perhaps good manners are not to be found in some of the young. It was ever thus.

In and around CMU, the neighborhood is actually one of the VERY BEST.

I have loved living there.

I think that the two girls in question had just involved themselves in a lover's spat.

And, it seems that the solution was for the dominant girl to kick in the teeth the less dominant girl.

Who knows why, because I did not take the time to ask them.

Also, concerning your comment on flexibility of the human body:

I can only tell you that when I was a rower, even when I was first rowing at age 17, in crew, and when I could row 12 miles in an eight, non-stop, I was never that flexible.

2 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

When I lived in Singapore I enrolled for a martial arts course, we had to get police clearance for it, but one of the first things we were taught was kicking a person up the side of the head, used to be able to do it easily back then but now I even have trouble climbing the stairs..... 😒 

Actually, this girl got kicked in the cheek/teeth.

And, she didn't even cry!!!!

She was really tough, and hard as nails.

Most American girls would be crying for an hour, most likely.

(Also, these girls were not in Uni Uniforms.  So, I really doubt that they were students at CMU.)

CMU students are GREAT and CIVILIZED, too!!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think that the two girls in question had just involved themselves in a lover's spat.

And, it seems that the solution was for the dominant girl to kick in the teeth the less dominant girl.

One other reason why I did not try to intervene and ask these girls what it was about, and to try to help them calm down was:

I did not want to get kicked in the teeth, myself.

As you know, I am planning to have several dental implants installed, and I do not look forward to it.

So, if I had tried to intervene, perhaps I would have required dental implants a lot sooner.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In and around CMU, the neighborhood is actually one of the VERY BEST.

I have loved living there.

Also, concerning your comment on flexibility of the human body:

I can only tell you that when I was a rower, even when I was first rowing at age 17, in crew, and when I could row 12 miles in an eight, non-stop, I was never that flexible.

Never tried rowing, I probably would have capsized the boat.

I have never been flexible. Even as a kid, I was unable to touch my toes.

When I was training in jujutsu, best I could do with a roundhouse kick was chest height.

OTOH, I have always been stronger than average.

Edited by Lacessit

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have never been flexible. Even as a kid, I was unable to touch my toes.

In your present circumstances, now that you have a GF who is willing to cut your toenails...

I see no benefit for you in touching your toes.

However, for me, it's a totally different story.

I lack a GF to cut my toenails.

Therefore, I must be more self-reliant than you, for such things.

Donning socks, I have noticed, is not as easy as it once was, too.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In your present circumstances, now that you have a GF who is willing to cut your toenails...

I see no benefit for you in touching your toes.

However, for me, it's a totally different story.

I lack a GF to cut my toenails.

Therefore, I must be more self-reliant than you, for such things.

Donning socks, I have noticed, is not as easy as it once was, too.

Still, here is a thought....

Since I am now toying with the idea of moving to Chiang Rai....

IF I were to move to Chiang Rai...

Then this might beg the question:

Would your GF be able to, sometimes, help me don my socks, if I were to become totally incapacitated?

Or, if not....

Are there any girls there in Chiang Rai that I could pay to help me in this way?

I shudder to think what life might be like for me, if I were forced, sometime in the near future, to become suddenly sockless.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Never tried rowing, I probably would have capsized the boat.

Capsizing the boat is a totally forgivable offense.

However, IF, while boarding the boat, you had stepped directly on the bottom of the extremely thin wooden shell...

Then you foot would have gone straight through it, immediately.

And, this would have been totally unforgivable, due to the cost of repairing such a faux pas.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Still, here is a thought....

Since I am now toying with the idea of moving to Chiang Rai....

IF I were to move to Chiang Rai...

Then this might beg the question:

Would your GF be able to, sometimes, help me don my socks, if I were to become totally incapacitated?

Or, if not....

Are there any girls there in Chiang Rai that I could pay to help me in this way?

I shudder to think what life might be like for me, if I were forced, sometime in the near future, to become suddenly sockless.

I am selfish, my GF is exclusive to me.

I can introduce you to a 61 yo who would be glad to help you, in return for very modest financial support and the cachet of marriage. For some reason, she craves a foreign husband.

She speaks no English. My regular massage lady, she is quite nutty, so you should get on well together.

A good pair of Crocs are quite comfortable without socks, although unsuitable for prolonged walks.