Thai Quality Control

rychrde

OK, these could be either serious or amusing examples of how completely variable the quality of items can be in LOS.

Tonight opened a bottle of SangSom only to rush out and buy a bottle of Benmore instead! The stuff was undrinkable. Yeah, before anybody asks the local family shop doesn't stock any imports. However, the sangsom does taste like some other duff bottles of rum with different labels. Maybe they just forgot to add the flavourings.

We had a hoover which kept switching itself off when too hot. First time it happened was just about to return it but tried it one last time, and worked! Same thing all the time, would just doze off when hot. Same with a fridge I once had. the landlord was such a skinflint he kept paying to have it 'fixed'. One night one of the other houses in the compound was empty so we just swapped the fridges - now it was his problem not mine.

On a serious note, some meds I'm taking just seem to vary in potency from day to day. these were from the local hospital, the original batch were from CM Ram and seemed legit and didn't get the same variability.

Don't any of these companies have a quality control dept?! :o

rych

OK, these could be either serious or amusing examples of how completely variable the quality of items can be in LOS.

Tonight opened a bottle of SangSom only to rush out and buy a bottle of Benmore instead! The stuff was undrinkable. Yeah, before anybody asks the local family shop doesn't stock any imports. However, the sangsom does taste like some other duff bottles of rum with different labels. Maybe they just forgot to add the flavourings.

We had a hoover which kept switching itself off when too hot. First time it happened was just about to return it but tried it one last time, and worked! Same thing all the time, would just doze off when hot. Same with a fridge I once had. the landlord was such a skinflint he kept paying to have it 'fixed'. One night one of the other houses in the compound was empty so we just swapped the fridges - now it was his problem not mine.

On a serious note, some meds I'm taking just seem to vary in potency from day to day. these were from the local hospital, the original batch were from CM Ram and seemed legit and didn't get the same variability.

rych

Tonight opened a bottle of SangSom only to rush out and buy a bottle of Benmore instead! The stuff was undrinkable. Yeah, before anybody asks the local family shop doesn't stock any imports. However, the sangsom does taste like some other duff bottles of rum with different labels. Maybe they just forgot to add the flavourings. Did it taste like the Sangsom you had previously tasted or was this your first bottle?

We had a hoover which kept switching itself off when too hot. First time it happened was just about to return it but tried it one last time, and worked! Same thing all the time, would just doze off when hot. It's obviously designed to switch off when too hot. Were you using it correctly?

Same with a fridge I once had. the landlord was such a skinflint he kept paying to have it 'fixed'. One night one of the other houses in the compound was empty so we just swapped the fridges - now it was his problem not mine. What's this got to do with quality control?

On a serious note, some meds I'm taking just seem to vary in potency from day to day. these were from the local hospital, the original batch were from CM Ram and seemed legit and didn't get the same variability. Maybe you are the variable & not the medication?

rych

Perhaps you need some quality control in your 'post writing' department?

:D

rych

Sang Som and cola's great. Then you can't taste it.

Bet it wasn't a Hoover. More likely to be a Pensonic or some other local copy. Nature abhors a vacuum so you'd better get one of those home made brooms that come by the house on bicycles. I spend my time sweeping up the bits that fall off the broom. It's cheaper than mending labour-saving gadgets any day.

Your problem with potency sounds much more serious!

Andrew

PS Why am I replying to this when I've got all that cleaning to do?

:o maybe i can run my own quality control and distribute free tabs

I don't much like coke - good for cleaning metal tho - and the sangsom sucks, so maybe 2 wrongs will make a right.

rych

:o maybe i can run my own quality control and distribute free tabs

I don't much like coke - good for cleaning metal tho - and the sangsom sucks, so maybe 2 wrongs will make a right.

rych

no, 3 lefts make a right :D

how did you like benmore? i actually seem to prefer spey and its cheaper. id love to see a whisky thread on the cheaper stuff.

sang thip/mekong are not whisky, they are rum. the dark thip is dire - the lighter barely drinkable.

he, if your drinking alot - treat your liver right!

yeah - cola period but esp in liquor ... yuk.

how did you like benmore? i actually seem to prefer spey and its cheaper. id love to see a whisky thread on the cheaper stuff.

sang thip/mekong are not whisky, they are rum. the dark thip is dire - the lighter barely drinkable.

he, if your drinking alot - treat your liver right!

yeah - cola period but esp in liquor ... yuk.

don't think I've tried Spey. I've found Benmore the cheapest drinkable whisky.

and yes, a lot of 'whiskies' are actually rum. Thais are shocked when I show them that Sangsom says quite plainly on the label RUM but have learnt that they use 'whisky' as synonymous with 'alcohol'.

rych