English Breakfast

cuddleypete

I had a good breakfast in Jomtien on the bend just before the archway. It was called Papa Docs or Papa Davids or something like that anyway.

Papa Davids, Lots of choice, good service, no problem asking for specials, available all day, David is usually there every morning. If you are in the area, its a perfect choice to relax and start the day

Overpriced mediocre breakfast. Turgid mediocre quality Sunday roast dinner.

As with most places in Jomtien area

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good breakfast in Jomtien on the bend just before the archway. It was called Papa Docs or Papa Davids or something like that anyway.

Papa Davids, Lots of choice, good service, no problem asking for specials, available all day, David is usually there every morning. If you are in the area, its a perfect choice to relax and start the day

I have not tried Papa's Sunday dinner but the breakfast is acceptable. However the sausage was (as you described) mediocre.

A question mark still hangs in the air above eating establishments in Jomtien regarding the quality of sausages offered.

I have not tried Papa's Sunday dinner but the breakfast is acceptable. However the sausage was (as you described) mediocre.

A question mark still hangs in the air above eating establishments in Jomtien regarding the quality of sausages offered.

While not a full English Breakfast, Seafood Emporium - on that road that is 1/10th completed behind and running parallel to Jomtien beach road has a decent and reasonably priced bacon and eggs.

The bacon is quite good and when I asked, the owner said it was imported....

While not a full English Breakfast, Seafood Emporium - on that road that is 1/10th completed behind and running parallel to Jomtien beach road has a decent and reasonably priced bacon and eggs.

The bacon is quite good and when I asked, the owner said it was imported....

Is that Soi Revenue? I will give this place a try. The bacon sounds good. Were they offering any quality sausage?

Have you managed to eat the whole mega breakfast there yet.. its a real challenge. but great when I am in need of some good Farrang food.

Oh yes, when I've started, I always finish, even if it means forcing a full breakfast down on top of a Chang hangover.

I was back at 'Little Wonder' today: A very good breakfast to be had at the place at the end of the shopping arcade next to Kiss restarant on the corner of Soi Diana.

There are many good brakfast places in pattaya but the best for me after coming to the resort for 18 years is JIMMY MACS in soi 6 (on the left hand side going down to the beach).Very cheap and run by a very polite thai family.All the expats in the know use this cheap and convenient resturant in the area.You can basically request your own breakfast choice well worth a visit.

There are many good brakfast places in pattaya but the best for me after coming to the resort for 18 years is JIMMY MACS in soi 6 (on the left hand side going down to the beach).Very cheap and run by a very polite thai family.All the expats in the know use this cheap and convenient resturant in the area.You can basically request your own breakfast choice well worth a visit.

Thanks for the heads-up x846nua. I will give it a go tomorrow, when I visit Soi 6.

The Football Club hidden behind bars in the corner of pattaya klang and beach road.

Only place I will ever go for breakfast in Pattaya now!

A excellent recommendation!

A fine quality sausage with chosen style eggs and outstanding baked beans and tomato and fried bread.

Well I've just had 2 weeks R&R in Pattaya and sampled quite a few breakfasts and the best two were:-

Soi 13 Sprtsman. The regular breakfast is fine but the mega one is a real gut buster, just what you need after a night on the pop. Yes the sausages are not the greatest on Earth but even in the UK it is getting more and more difficult to find real good bangers. My only slight, quirky admitted, criticism is that it is difficult to get a seat outside. I am no fan of a/c (why travel to the tropics to surround yourself with cold air? :D ) and like to sit outside as much as possible especially after three months of Korean winter :D . However the outside seating is always taken by smokers, being the only place they can sit. I've no problem with smokers but they are taking up all the outside seating (whilst indoors it is almost empty :D ). So let the smokers back indoors then I can get an outside seat easier :o .

Queen Vics, soi Sleaze (6 or Yodsak). A real good brekky there but I made the mistake of misunderestimating them and ordered plate of fried potatos to go with it. Result was I just couldn't finish it all which grieved me as I hate wasting good food. The other attraction, as my breakfasts tend not to be crack-of-dawn jobs :D , is the two varieties of draft cider they have.

Greg's Kitchen, 2nd road almost made the grade. Breakfasts are okay but the general food is becoming bland pub grub, nothing special. Personally I think he needs to revamp the menu as it is getting a little stale. Just my opinion.

Soi 13 Sprtsman. The regular breakfast is fine but the mega one is a real gut buster, just what you need after a night on the pop. Yes the sausages are not the greatest on Earth but even in the UK it is getting more and more difficult to find real good bangers. My only slight, quirky admitted, criticism is that it is difficult to get a seat outside. I am no fan of a/c (why travel to the tropics to surround yourself with cold air? :D ) and like to sit outside as much as possible especially after three months of Korean winter :D . However the outside seating is always taken by smokers, being the only place they can sit. I've no problem with smokers but they are taking up all the outside seating (whilst indoors it is almost empty :D ). So let the smokers back indoors then I can get an outside seat easier :o .

I agree, 'The Sportsman' on soi 13 is a very good breakfast. But they must attend to their sub-standard sausage problem. I leave mine on the side of the plate now, because it 'repeats' on me all day because it is highly spiced.

• 2 months later...
If you are not into a huge amount of grease - You could try the Continental off Soi Buakheaw. they do a range of breakfasts from "English, Scottish (potato cake) hash browns, german sausage etc etc - swiss Muesli and have a great bakery.......prices from about 90 to 140 baht a throw.
English? Scottish potatoe cake? german sausage?swiss muesli? that is english? Oh my god