English Breakfast

cuddleypete

The ritz on soi yomato is my preffered place for an English brekie mmmmmmmm

Yes, that would have be high, maybe not top, on my list five years back. Last time I went there the food was dismal and the atmosphere of the place, never great anytime, was like a morgue. Mentioned it to a mate, long time resident, and he agreed it had gone right downhill.

Don't know what the other Sportsman in soi 13 is like these days but it was okay a few years back. I haven't even been along that soi for a good few years.

Agreed, went to the Ritz once and won't be back. Amazing how they could even mess up the gravy on the roasts.

I had poor service at the Sportsman, won't go back there either. But maybe had something to do with my local jeans 'n' T-shirt look, obviously not a well-heeled tourist.

Pig 'n' Whistle is about the best all-rounder, but it's not cheap.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that many people want the size of breakgast that you get at Crazy Dave's (Soi Chaiyapoon - off Soi Buakeow) but I have recently been using a little place nearer home - the Pink Lady Kitchrn - Soi 17 - on the opposite side to Flybird Condo complex and a little way before that entrance - near enough opposite A1 Aircon.

For the Pink Lady breakfast you get a couple of eggs, lightly fried or scrambled or omelette, beans, bacon (about three rashers), fried tomatoes, stekt potatis (don't know if there's an English word for smallish pieces of potato that are toss-fried with onions), plus a small salad, toast with butter and jam/marmalade, tea or fresh-brew coffee. All for 95 baht.

This is an entirely Thai enterprise, as far as I know, portions not up to CDs but enough for me and more variety in what you are eating.

There are lighter breakfasts at around 60-65 baht for the family, but I'm better with the 3-4 plates around me.

Tropical Berts is a real nice feed (stop using them crappy snags though) hehas full English, American as well as others. The only thing that let's it down has been mentioned already.

Thanks for your comments Binkie, as regards the Snags ( Aussie for sausage I think ) maybe we should have a thread for the Best Sausage In Pattaya. It's not easy to cock up Bacon, Eggs, Beans and so on ( though some do ) but the humble sausage is an on going thing. I have tried most and at the moment use AKA Foods however if like many others the quality becomes inconsistant they go out the window, oh for a simple Walls banger!!!. Many comment on how good our bread is, it is Toast Bread from the Continental. I have nothing to do with the 2 firms mentioned, just trying to be helpfull

There's a little place in Central Arcade called The Little Wonder, opposite Papagayo, which does a great breakfast. About 120 Baht incl a mug of coffee/tea and a slice of decent bread & butter - fried eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, fried tomato, beans, fried bread, all cooked nicely, i.e. the eggs are actually fried, not poached in oil like you get in a lot of places. It's worth trying IMHO. There are a couple of tables outside for smokers. They also do traditional London style pie, mash and liquor - the only place I've seen in Pattaya that offers this.

I agree with what this gentleman has said, good brekkie and great pie n mash, the other meals are equally as good and theres no fuss...the owner has trained them well :o

Tropical Berts is a real nice feed (stop using them crappy snags though) hehas full English, American as well as others. The only thing that let's it down has been mentioned already.

Thanks for your comments Binkie, as regards the Snags ( Aussie for sausage I think ) maybe we should have a thread for the Best Sausage In Pattaya. It's not easy to cock up Bacon, Eggs, Beans and so on ( though some do ) but the humble sausage is an on going thing. I have tried most and at the moment use AKA Foods however if like many others the quality becomes inconsistant they go out the window, oh for a simple Walls banger!!!. Many comment on how good our bread is, it is Toast Bread from the Continental. I have nothing to do with the 2 firms mentioned, just trying to be helpfull

Have you tried making your own?

When stationed in Libya one of the wives brought out the skins from UK, found everything alse laocal (beef sausages, not pork) and they were very good. Rusk was the local baby product, but she said oven-dried bread worked as well.

http://www.sausagemania.com/tutorial.html

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Hi there iam coming to pattaya in 2 weeks with my thai wife and son and this time we are bringing some friends and would like to know where the best english breakfast is??? ( so our friends will be ok )

ive used the elephant bar and pig and whistle and a few others .

pete and som

yorkies down he bottom end of jomtien beach ... excellent quality and price

So where can i buy a sausage machine then?

No not the ones from Boyztown before anyone drags the topic to the floor!

But you're probably in the right area there!

On Second Road - opposite side to Boyztown - a few yards to the North - is a kitchen goods shop - both domestic and commercial kit in there. The filling thingy is an attachment to a mincer, I think - I'm not home often enough to have things set up, but in about three years I'll retire and that is one of my 'keep busy' projects.

On Second Road - opposite side to Boyztown - a few yards to the North - is a kitchen goods shop - both domestic and commercial kit in there. The filling thingy is an attachment to a mincer, I think - I'm not home often enough to have things set up, but in about three years I'll retire and that is one of my 'keep busy' projects.

Excellent retirement plan HB! Filling the sausage Mon, Wed and Fri. Hiding the sausage on Tue, Thu and weekends!

Don't know what the other Sportsman in soi 13 is like these days but it was okay a few years back. I haven't even been along that soi for a good few years.

I asked for reccomendations for Pattaya breakfasts several years ago, and the Sportsman on soi 13 was about the best of them. I'm in Pattaya 2 or 3 times per year and I eat there almost every morning. :D

I concur :o

Hi there iam coming to pattaya in 2 weeks with my thai wife and son and this time we are bringing some friends and would like to know where the best english breakfast is??? ( so our friends will be ok )

ive used the elephant bar and pig and whistle and a few others .

pete and som

yorkies down he bottom end of jomtien beach ... excellent quality and price

I thought Yorkies was over-priced and over-rated. I expected better since the owners are Yorkshire men.

Try Kim's Guest House on 3rd Road left hand side, just north of Central Pattaya Road - bacon, ham, eggs, fried potato, toast butter, jam, coffee or tea and oj. Priced from 65 to 80 baht.

Sounds reasonable but you cant call that an english breakfast.

1/ no sausage

2/ no beans

3/ no black pudding

4/ no tomatoe\

whats going on here lol.

Try Kim's Guest House on 3rd Road left hand side, just north of Central Pattaya Road - bacon, ham, eggs, fried potato, toast butter, jam, coffee or tea and oj. Priced from 65 to 80 baht.

Sounds reasonable but you cant call that an english breakfast.

1/ no sausage

2/ no beans

3/ no black pudding

4/ no tomatoe\

whats going on here lol.

Exactly, and who wants cold ham?

A proper English breakfast needs baked beans as these play an integral part of the egg-bacon-sausage olfactory-taste-bud dynamics. The black puddings (preferably imported from Bury, Lancashire) provide the iron-blood-fat essentials and the grilled tomato is an essential ingredient. I also like a grilled lambs liver as an extra.

My personal favourite is Gregs Kitchen on Second Road. Always good but not for the financially challenged on the forum as it comes in somewhere around 195b incl coffee/tea, toast and juice. The quality though is always spot on. I have also had good breakfasts at Rosie O'Gradies on Soi 7 and had mediocre breakfast at the Sportsman on Soi 13 - most I have tried tend to be hit or miss, except for Greg's which I find to be the most consistent in terms of what comes out of the kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a little place in Central Arcade called The Little Wonder, opposite Papagayo, which does a great breakfast. About 120 Baht incl a mug of coffee/tea and a slice of decent bread & butter - fried eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, fried tomato, beans, fried bread, all cooked nicely, i.e. the eggs are actually fried, not poached in oil like you get in a lot of places. It's worth trying IMHO. There are a couple of tables outside for smokers. They also do traditional London style pie, mash and liquor - the only place I've seen in Pattaya that offers this.

Thanks for that tip jimmybkk. I had a great breakfast there a few days ago. it is funny, I have walked past it hundreds of times and never given it a try before: Recommended to all.

I found another place this morning on Second Road. It is easy to miss. It is about 235 metres from Pattaya Tai, on the opposite side of the Road to Soi GayBoyztown. It is called the 'Boat Bakery Restaurant'.

A full English breakfast cost just 48 baht.

2 Eggs

2 rashers of delicious high quality bacon

A large fine quality sausage

Freshly baked bread & toast/butter/jam/marmalade

A choice of piping hot tea/coffee and perpetual refills.

Thanks for that tip jimmybkk. I had a great breakfast there a few days ago. it is funny, I have walked past it hundreds of times and never given it a try before: Recommended to all.

I found another place this morning on Second Road. It is easy to miss. It is about 235 metres from Pattaya Tai, on the opposite side of the Road to Soi GayBoyztown. It is called the 'Boat Bakery Restaurant'.

2 Eggs

Used to go there with my wife every morning I was in Pattaya, before we settled in Suksabai Villa.

Not ginormous portions, but enoug to fill a ole. And te Thai food is also good, so they keep everybody happy.

2 Eggs

Did you actualy eat here or just walk past??

Cos i went there today, choice is bacon or sausage not both, i chose bacon, 1 fatty rasher of low quality bacon cooked to death and cut into 4 bite sized pices 2 eggs ok, 2 standard toast 1 small cup of tea no refills, no brown sauce let alone HP.

This is in no way shape or form a Full Engish!! :D

Yes the tea was hot, and the bread wasnt stale, they also provided a knife fork and a plate to eat it off.

I would say 48 baht was about right but had a real problem comparing your discription with my experiece.

Your not an Estate Agent are you??? :o

Funny thing is im tempted to go back just so i can see the "large fine quality sausage" :D

2 Eggs

Cos i went there today, choice is bacon or sausage not both, i chose bacon, 1 fatty rasher of low quality bacon cooked to death and cut into 4 bite sized pices 2 eggs ok, 2 standard toast 1 small cup of tea no refills, no brown sauce let alone HP.

Yes the tea was hot, and the bread wasnt stale, they also provided a knife fork and a plate to eat it off.

I would say 48 baht was about right but had a real problem comparing your discription with my experiece.

Funny thing is im tempted to go back just so i can see the "large fine quality sausage" :D

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. It might help if you visit at breakfast time: 7-11 am. Yes, go back and give it another try and try the large high quality sausage!

2 Eggs

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. It might help if you visit at breakfast time: 7-11 am. Yes, go back and give it another try and try the large high quality sausage!

I don't believe it for a second but will try(maybe it is an owner/investor posting here!)

Boat Bakery does so-so Thai food but by Gawd the price is right :D

So it is hard to believe they would do excellent Western food of any form. Their baked western bread and pastery is the standard

hum-drum Thaiu affair.

the best breakfasts i've had in pattaya were in juice restaurant, soi lengkee, can't remember the prices but was very reasonable, heard in october it was up for sale and haven't been since so if anyone has been recently please give us your comments

Shagwell Mansions have a new resatuarnt called 'Uncle Bobs Diner' they, I hear, have done a fair bit of research into sausages available in pattaya and have selected a good sausage that doesn't come with the chemical tase many have. They do a great 99 Baht breakfast.

I had a good breakfast in Jomtien on the bend just before the archway. It was called Papa Docs or Papa Davids or something like that anyway.

Papa Davids, Lots of choice, good service, no problem asking for specials, available all day, David is usually there every morning. If you are in the area, its a perfect choice to relax and start the day