Missing Post

My mum sent a parcel from the UK on the 5th of July containing some T-shirts for my son,

birthday cards, sweets etc. She also slipped my new credit card [not activated] inside one of the cards.

I've had parcels and letters arrive to my address here before with no problem and always in good time, so I'm a little

pissed that this one may have gone missing. She sent the parcel with royal mail standard post as its always

been good in the past.

We've spoken to the post office in chewang and were told that it can take 2 weeks or it can take a month :o

My mum is speaking with the post office in the UK to see if they can track it.

Anyone else had post gone missing or turn up really late?

I have had 2 packages get here in the last month fine from the US. You have to go to the Chaweng post office and look in their book of received parcels to see if yours has arrived. I never got a pink card like I am supposed to telling me I had a package awaiting for me but I knew they were coming so that is why I looked.

It is probably there but you have to go and physically look at that book (they have two books actually, one for big boxes and one for smaller boxes.)

Good luck.

Oh yea, bring some form of ID too.

Edited by PaulAllen

I have been waiting for a parcel from the UK for over 2 months and numerous letters from other places outside of Thailand,when you go into the office at chaweng,they couldn't give a s***,i now tell family to use some sort of recorded service or fed-ex.

This happens a lot. The UK always give you the "Can' track it after it leaves our shores" line. You always take a chance with post and paying extra for signatures etc are a waste of time in Thailand. Even EMS is crap here.

If it is of any value or urgency now I use UPS, the service is worth the extra money (to me anyway).

The UK postal service is just as bad as the Thai one, a joke at best. Can't say too much about it because it drives me into a rage.

Noodles,

Your parcel could be in the customs office in town waiting for you to pay import duty. It's happened before to a friend of mine.

Hi

Would this be Bangkok or down here in Samui?

Anyone have a contact number?

Thanks

Customs office is 100 m north from Post Office, a nice wood house. You will find nobody who speaks English or has any idea of their job - in case somebody is in.

not quite true,I have a friend who had a motorbike helmet sent from the US.He got a card saying it was at the customs office and went to see them,they wanted a huge import tariff for it but he explained that you couldn't buy anything like it here and they dropped the price.He couldn't speak more than ten words of Thai so someone there must speak some English.

My Thai staff have been complaining about late deliveries (paricularly of bills being delivered after the due date) and we actually had a visit this morning from three senior officers from Surat Thani to discuss the problem. I did not understand the conversation but they left with no illusions about the feelings of the girls. At least they responded to the complaint, now let us see if they do anything about it!

My Thai staff have been complaining about late deliveries (paricularly of bills being delivered after the due date) and we actually had a visit this morning from three senior officers from Surat Thani to discuss the problem. I did not understand the conversation but they left with no illusions about the feelings of the girls. At least they responded to the complaint, now let us see if they do anything about it!

I had 7 heavy parcels from Nongkhai to here, 6 of them arriving fast, one missing. Every parcel has a code number, you can track back in the web where it is located in the same moment. The missing one didn't leave Udonthani, I called 5 times to the senior officer from Udon post office. Finally he said: "We sent to Bangkok already" and tried to give me a BKK phone number - just ignoring the fact the parcel never left his post office. Even in a 200 % clear case like this nobody in this country would ever admit a mistake!