A New Mc Donald's In Pattaya

Patmcwill111

As an American, I offer my most sincere apologies for the massive success of McDonalds.

It is not McDonalds that I blame you Yanks for, just that clown...

No Not Ronald, the other one, the one you re-elected...

:o:D:D

You have to turn everthing into Bush-bashing...you're pathetic...okay, you hate him, you hate us but guess what? We really don't care. You keep being weak and acting more like Frenchman than real men and see where it gets ya'!

In Singapore there was a branch about 50 metres from our construction site.

The client insisted that we had meetings there a couple of mornings each week. She was very pissed when I used to turn up with a Starbucks coffee and refuse the breakfast. But I just do not like that food. Crazy Dave's - on the other hand :o

I understand that all meat for McDonalds is produced in the US. Probably therefore full of growth hormones. But how does this work out in the EU, where American beef is/was banned precisely because of these same hormones?

American beef isn't banned in Europe you cheesehead! WE are not the country that grinding up bones, sinew and brain for thier ground beef to produce, you guessed it, madcows diseas and then feed it to the cows. The U.S. has the highest system of checks and balances for its meat inspection, maybe second only to Japan. You keep drinking your overpriced starbucks and i'll take another Big Mac.

The client insisted that we had meetings there a couple of mornings each week. She was very pissed when I used to turn up with a Starbucks coffee and refuse the breakfast. But I just do not like that food. Crazy Dave's - on the other hand :o

I understand that all meat for McDonalds is produced in the US. Probably therefore full of growth hormones. But how does this work out in the EU, where American beef is/was banned precisely because of these same hormones?

American beef isn't banned in Europe you cheesehead! WE are not the country that grinding up bones, sinew and brain for thier ground beef to produce, you guessed it, madcows diseas and then feed it to the cows. The U.S. has the highest system of checks and balances for its meat inspection, maybe second only to Japan. You keep drinking your overpriced starbucks and i'll take another Big Mac.

The USA doesn't need to make so many checks as the cattle is so pumped full of chemicals, If cows were a plant, American Beef would indeed be banned from the EU, just like all the GM food they produce.

The McCafe is a great feature! So I will be going to McD's after all, for the coffee. Their coffee is actually decent and obviously cheaper than Starbucks which in my view is over the top price-wise.

I stopped patronizing Starbucks although I do like their coffee. It didn't make much sense paying 100 baht for a cup when I can buy a whole jar of coffee (250 grams) for less.

How much is McCafe's coffee? I may try it myself. It looked like a nice place to sit and have a cuppa.

A new activity for us: Take in a late night movie upstairs and have a coffee at McCafe afterwards which is open 24 hours.

This would be a definite improvement on the deserted feeling one gets when coming out of a late night movie session at Big C or Garden Plaza - walking down multiple flights of stairs to the basement at Garden Plaza, or down turned-off escalators at Big C and then walking through a dark and deserted car park.

Edited by tropo

Here is an extract from a quick Google search on "American Beef. European Union"

The World Economy

Volume 25 Issue 2 Page 283-296, February 2002

To cite this article: William A Kerr, Jill E Hobbs (2002)

The North American-European Union Dispute Over Beef Produced Using Growth Hormones: A Major Test for the New International Trade Regime

The World Economy 25 (2), 283–296.

doi:10.1111/1467-9701.00431

Prev Article Next Article

Abstract

The North American–European Union Dispute Over Beef Produced Using Growth Hormones: A Major Test for the New International Trade Regime

William A. Kerr & Jill E. Hobbs1University of Saskatchewan

Abstract

At the time, the negotiation of the SPS agreement was seen as a major accomplishment of the Uruguay Round. One of the first major tests of both the SPS and the WTO's new dispute settlement system was the long standing and acrimonious dispute between the EU and the US and Canada over trade in beef produced using hormones. Both the SPS and the disputes system performed as expected but the EU, the loser in the case, has chosen to ignore the WTO Panel's ruling and accept retaliation. As a result, the credibility of the WTO is threatened and the outcome suggests that new negotiations may be required. The issues in the case are outlined and implications for trade in biological products drawn.

This article is cited by:

Andy Thorpe, Catherine Robinson. (2004) When goliaths clash: US and EU differences over the labeling of food products derived from genetically modified organisms. Agriculture and Human Values 21:4, 287

There are lots of articles on why the EU is derying the WTO on this - basically to protect their citizens from the potential results of the hormone diet.

Same applies to all other genetically modified foods that are poured down American throafs - banned in the EU.

I do not know the current situation, but certainly for many years at the end of the last century there was a ban. I will research further - see if the ban is still in force.

Grinding bones is an old tradition in England :

Fee, Fi Fo Fum

I smell the blood of an Englishman

Be he alive or be he dead

I'll grind his bones to make my bread

(Jack and the Beanstalk - traditional pantomime)

Needless to say, Jack, the Englishman, was victorious in the end - beating his arrogant, overlarge opponent.

As an American, I offer my most sincere apologies for the massive success of McDonalds.

It is not McDonalds that I blame you Yanks for, just that clown...

No Not Ronald, the other one, the one you re-elected...

:o:D:D

You have to turn everthing into Bush-bashing...you're pathetic...okay, you hate him, you hate us but guess what? We really don't care. You keep being weak and acting more like Frenchman than real men and see where it gets ya'!

....and I don't care that you don't care and anyway, my Daddy's a policeman and when he gets home........

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." - George W. Bush. Speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

mcd food is disgusting and expensive. its full of salt/sugar - which is why the kiddies love it.

if you have to have 'fast food' theres alwaya a kebab for 25% less than the 'big' mac.

its not doing well at all, perhaps when the mall opens. this is only #2 no?? who said #3

royal

this new one

??

one plus .... its said the us has never started a war with a nation that has mcd franchaises.

Edited by theseveredhead

its not doing well at all, perhaps when the mall opens. this is only #2 no?? who said #3

royal

this new one

Down Beach Road at the Walking Street end, just before Siam Commercial Bank - where all the katoeys gather in the early evening

one plus .... its said the us has never started a war with a nation that has mcd franchaises.

Perhaps that's because they know all the US troops will stop to stuff their faces if they see a McD's

But there's always a first time ....

New McCafe on Second Road.

Do not go between 2:00PM and 5:00PM.

The sun comes through that 20 foot window and heats up the front of the restaurant where most of the chairs are.

The female employees are a lot taller than at the Royal Grden branch.

The coffee mixes (cappuchino, cafe leche, mocha, etc.) at 60 to 85 baht seem to be a little expensive as well, as was mentioned by another member earlier.

A new McDonalds in Pattaya: Great!

I don't mind, it helps employ the locals, but I rarely dine there since seeing that movie 'Super Size Me'. I do wonder about the quality of the ground beef. At least they offer diet (light) cola these days.

When it comes to 'Fast Food' I prefer a sandwich from Subway.

Back in 1967 at San Bruno, Ca., they where exposed for selling horse-meat as beef, Now maybe it will be rat-meat instead? (not saying they do) When will ppl learn!

Their McCafe prices will always be lower than Starbucks because that is how they are positioning themselves.

It they're charging 60 - 85 for coffees, then it's still too expensive and Starbucks would be my choice. Coffees would have to be around 35 - 40 baht at McDonalds to entice me to have a cuppa there.

Edited by tropo

Their McCafe prices will always be lower than Starbucks because that is how they are positioning themselves.

It they're charging 60 - 85 for coffees, then it's still too expensive and Starbucks would be my choice. Coffees would have to be around 35 - 40 baht at McDonalds to entice me to have a cuppa there.

Thats up to you, but the McCafe's are intended to be the same quality level as Starbucks, so you might want to try it and see. I don't like either company but I do like my espressos. I think you might be confused about the strategy. McDonald's isn't claiming they have quality hamburgers, but these specialized McCafe's are supposed to be quality coffee, direct competition to Starbucks. McCafe's are only in select McDonalds not all of them. Nothing to do with the coffee you might order with a burger.

http://retail.seekingalpha.com/article/28359

Edited by Jingthing

Thats up to you, but the McCafe's are intended to be the same quality level as Starbucks, so you might want to try it and see. I don't like either company but I do like my espressos. I think you might be confused about the strategy. McDonald's isn't claiming they have quality hamburgers, but these specialized McCafe's are supposed to be quality coffee, direct competition to Starbucks. McCafe's are only in select McDonalds not all of them. Nothing to do with the coffee you might order with a burger.

Ok. I was making the assumption that a McCafe's coffee would be the budget type. I will check it out.

Four pages onwards and the original post has been well and truly hijacked. Maybe the OP should have simply asked "Where is The Avenue?", we would have

been spared this banter about various global marketing strategies, fast food quality, the price of coffee, Bush-bashing and what not.

royal

this new one

??

Down Beach Road at the Walking Street end, just before Siam Commercial Bank - where all the katoeys gather in the early evening

It must be #4 then if theres also one on Walking St, as there is one on the Sukhumvit too around Pattaya Nua..

Royal Garden

Walking St.

Sukhumvit

and this new one..

Four pages onwards and the original post has been well and truly hijacked. Maybe the OP should have simply asked "Where is The Avenue?", we would have

been spared this banter about various global marketing strategies, fast food quality, the price of coffee, Bush-bashing and what not.

You must be confused.

The thread is titled: A New McDonald's in Pattaya

This particular McDonald's store has a McCafe which serves coffee which makes any discussion about coffee there and prices quite appropriate.

I can imagine Mcds saying their coffee is as good as Starbucks - but I can't imagine Starbucks saying their coffee was as good as McD's - you always aim your marketing above your custom base.

You must be confused.

This particular McDonald's store has a McCafe which serves coffee which makes any discussion about coffee there and prices quite appropriate.

Nope Tropo, I don't buy that.

"A New Mc Donald's In Pattaya, but where is "the Avenue"?" is the title of the thread and the OP mentions seeing an advert for McDonalds but is more interested in the location of 'the Avenue'. If the OP was, "Where's the new McDonalds?", would there have been 4 pages of opinions? However, I will not interrupt the Starbucks, Whataburger and Mickey Dee's ra-ra club from trading notes. But while we are on about coffee.

What's the opinion of the stuff hawked by BonCafe on the Pattaya-Naklua Road? They have a few varieties at around 80 baht for a 250g bag of ground. I have never bought the raw product at Starbucks as I thought if they charge well over 100 baht for a cup, I may need to sell a kidney for a bag. So what's the price difference? Does McCafe sell beans and ground?

IMHO, the BonCafe product is very acceptable with a fine enough grind so that the tannins aren't released making the brew on the hob stay 'fresher' and not turn bitter after half an hour like typical American blends.

Weee!! More McDonals for Pattaya!!

Then we can finally put some meat on these skinny thai girls and turn them into real American women!

WH_fat_girls.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Good god, i didnt know the michelin man had 4 daughters, :o .

screw the coffee, WE WANT BURGERS, all 1lbs.!

You must be confused.

Nope Tropo, I don't buy that.

"A New Mc Donald's In Pattaya, but where is "the Avenue"?" is the title of the thread and the OP mentions seeing an advert for McDonalds but is more interested in the location of 'the Avenue'. If the OP was, "Where's the new McDonalds?", would there have been 4 pages of opinions? However, I will not interrupt the Starbucks, Whataburger and Mickey Dee's ra-ra club from trading notes. But while we are on about coffee.

Maybe you could get a job as a moderator. For this particular thread you could lock it after the first reply giving the location of "The Avenue" right?

You may as well complain about 90% of the threads on this forum that run off on tangents. It's the nature of Internet forums.

Ok. I was making the assumption that a McCafe's coffee would be the budget type. I will check it out.

I didn't understand even after I'd been in one. If you ignore the name you would think you've walked into any coffee place copying Starbucks. Not sure how this one looks but the one I've been in (Philippines) has similar decor and furnishings. I thought it was something that they were only doing there, but found out they started in the US. I stood there looking at the coffee bean displays thinking "Wow this is pretty fancy for McD's coffee. Amazing what they can do overseas with cheaper costs."

I'm not a Starbucks regular, but if you'd swaped the cups on me I wouldn't have known the difference. Had some great looking desserts too.