The Tv Where Do U Live Poll

skippybangkok

Where do you live  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Found one thread which says "where is the best place to live". I live in Bangkok, but would love to live in Phang Nga, Phuket or Chiang Mai. As such the poll did not really answer to me where we live.

By popular demand, have done a pre-run as to the potential setting up of the listings of location. Not going into any legal definitions of "live", but in my case I live in Bangkok for yonks, will most likely live here for more Yonks, and as such - I live in Bangkok.

If u live in i.e. Non-Hin-Hae, and not sure if its closer to Pattaya, Rayong or Central Thailand, just pick what ever u feel is the best answer ( no grades here :o )

Thanks to posters on the previous thread, it was not intended to start writing down where u live, but find out about what categories we should have. Thanks anyway

Cheers

Edited by skippybangkok

Lived here 6 years and always lived within 10 blocks of The Thermae. Been to Phuket 3 times; it's ok but would not live there; been to Pattaya a bunch of times and like it but would not live there. Been to Hat Yai on a Penang visa run (sadao crossing)---nothing special. Never been anywhere else and no plans to go. I love my 10 block radius. This is my Thailand!

No clue where Rayong is, is that cambodia or something? I know of Issan cause all the girls come from there but there's nothing there for me. Chang Mai and Samui Islands too many backpackers. Hua Hin I will visit at some point but I like to swim

Edited by Thermae

I live in Phitsanulok which is on the central/north border. We live 120KM away from the city and although we are not in Issan, the people here are culturally very similar and speak Phassa Issan.

Bangkok suits at the moment due to very frequent overseas travel, if I think about buying that's a different story, nowhere seems to have it all. Bangkok is a little too busy but has all the mod cons as I am a westerner who couldn't bear "going native". I like to stay in the country sometimes but couldn't last more than a week in that kind of environment.

Maybe somewhere similar to Chiang Mai but that seems to be a bit of a non place, I don't know why but although OK to visit it doesn't seem to have much personality IMHO.

Pattaya would be madness, my friends have lived there for years and despite security shutters and safes etc. the thievery is getting too commonplace (and they live in a nice area allegedly).

If someone has found paradise here I would like to know, but then again, if I had found it I would keep quiet about it.

I lived in Bangkok for seven years mainly because I had no choice. I had to work. I thought I would like Chiang Mai but after a couple visits decided that it is just like Bangkok without the Sky Train. I had also considered Krabi/Ao Nang but tourist season along with the year round tourist prices put me off that. I finally settled on Jomtien. I still have a condo there but now live up country in Loei province. I am quite content here with my Thai wife and have no intention of ever living near a city again.

I live in Loei province.

I also have a place in Pattaya, but would not want to stay there full time again ( too busy, traffic, crime etc ).

Pattaya is great for short visits, but the long term appeal faded for me long ago.

yes, i thought i anwered the same question yesterday.

emm.. i live in Bangkok.

Humble apologies for the confusion. Yesterday was just a thread to know what places should be in the poll, was not intended to be a poll ( just brain storm on headings ). Thanks for re-posting, this set of stats is better, more clear, and a little surprise to me. Did not expect BKK to be tops, and even though in Isarn the people are distributed, it is #2 so obviously alot of westerners / foreigners living there

Of course Bangkok is going to be #1. It's the capital city afterall with a massive population. No way Pattaya, Issan or an island is going to have more members than the capital. Sure it may appear that way due to the amount of noise these people make in the forum and post count, but jeez, these people have nothing to do where they are. This forum is it

Edited by Thermae

Maybe there should be a TV betting system :o (Take bets one where people live ). I expected Pattaya Jomtien t be #1, and Bangkok 2, Maybe Chiang Mai / Phuket to be fighting for 3rd place. Seems BKK is the main spot so far.

The Pattiyans are just getting up about now....

My thoughts exactly...

The Pattayanians are probably lifting their aching heads and opening their bleary eyes about... NOW. After rummaging through their wallets and cursing for awhile, they'll stumble to the computer and make their entry in the poll.

For myself, I'm one of the majority. That is, I'm a Bangkokonian who reaches out to humanity through this website to offset the terrible lonliness that this sea of humanity creates.

HAW! How's that for an uplifting post?

BFD!

Out in the sticks past Ayutthaya, suits me fine.

Sawadee Cap draggons , I also lived in Ayuttaya ( ampere tha rua ) for a couple of years and was well happy there.

My first 2 years in LOS I lived in Cha-am and was well happy there aswell.

Only reason I moved was becuse the missus got pregnant and now I've been a Bangkok boy for 2 years , it's where the big money is :D !!!!!!!.

Shame really :o:D:D .

50 miles from bangkok. not telling you exactly where cos here is gorgeous and real and not all western plastic.

There are no beer bars and the people are very genuine and the food superb and cheap.

I know of only two other farangs within the town area and never see either of them which suites me fine.

I do not need to make more money, the rat race is over for me. Living very comfortabley as I do costs me little but then I do not need gallons of beer daily nor the services of prostitutes. my friens are all thai and genuine people.

Please do not spoihis by moving in your droves to build crappy moo bahns in my area

Executive Summary

I think it would pass the Q-test for a statistically valid sample ( ?? ).

Maybe not a surprise to some of you, but to me there were a few surprises. I thought Pattaya would be #1, obviously I missed that one by a long shot. ( as on OP said, maybe they just make more noise hehhehehe ). Chiang Mai area seems popular, followed by Pattaya and Phuket.

For people not living in the main centers, Isaan and Central Thailand seem to be the main draw.

Thx for participating.