Ipstar Credit Memo's

croftrobin

I just recieved my bill for last month,nearly B10,ooo,with the extra over-download,I must have downloaded something very large at some point.

I am going to cancle it this month,and start to use my mobile as a modum,and no I have not had any credit from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Im still using the 750MB per month package for 3,200 baht.

Although I work out at sea all day every day I use the internet a fair bit in the evenings and early morning.Average 3 hours a day.Downloading music from Kazaa and surfing the web I cant use up more than 600MB per month?

Also got a credit note for 300 baht or so.Didnt understand what it was for but have had alot of downtime this month and especially last month.

"down time" what is the meaning?

I have the 1.5g account and am only in country for 2 weeks of every 2 months. Except for those 2 weeks I have the thing turned off. Does this count as down time?

Has anyone tryed the samart ip star hook up or know anything about it. I was talking to a Thai guy and he said it was the same hookup with twice the download for 6000 tb. Ive only heard of one guy using it and i dont know him so I cant ask if it works good or not. im currently burning up my modem at 9.6 kbps.............

"downtime"

I was using this phrase(perhaps incorrectly) to refer to the frequent and often long periods when I cannot access the internet.ipstar is searching for signal etc. or looks like its logged on properly but shows the cannot find server page when trying to use the internet.I find when I get home at 4pm is often hard to get any access but early morning and evening no problem.

Have to admit I normally would say to my mia."Honey the ipstar is ######ed again",but then on your forum censors will likely edit my usual choice of words forcing my use of inapropriate technical jargon.

We have to move house next week.Anyone tried moving the ipstar satellite dish themselves to save the 8,000baht fee??

"downtime"

I was using this phrase(perhaps incorrectly) to refer to the frequent and often long periods when I cannot access the internet.ipstar is searching for signal etc. or looks like its logged on properly but shows the cannot find server page when trying to use the internet.I find when I get home at 4pm is often hard to get any access but early morning and evening no problem.

Have to admit I normally would say to my mia."Honey the ipstar is ######ed again",but then on your forum censors will likely edit my usual choice of words forcing my use of inapropriate technical jargon.

We have to move house next week.Anyone tried moving the ipstar satellite dish themselves to save the 8,000baht fee??

Now why did the censorbot not catch your f-word this time??? That is so 'messed' up...?

Yes, you can move the iPSTAR gear on your own - but you need to know which Satellite your on, Thaicom-1a or Thaicom-2.

You will need a compass and the directional information, easy to get - just figure out what direction your dish is pointing now OR check www.thaicom.net.