Chiang Mai Golf Prices

femi fan

I find the price of a round in chiang mai unfairly expensive, especially when compared to playing in bangkok. I play nearly all my golf at chiang mai lamphun course or at the gymkhana; i'm a member at both which accordingly makes the price fine. But we are lucky enough in one respect, that all the courses are most attractive to be playing at, yet i rarely get to them.

I'm posting this thread up to see if posters can collate a list of rainy season prices for the courses in chiang mai. And any conditions that may be in place, and when the promotion prices expire.

Also, does anyone know of any methods to get discounted golf at normal times at any of the courses?

I find the price of a round in chiang mai unfairly expensive, especially when compared to playing in bangkok. I play nearly all my golf at chiang mai lamphun course or at the gymkhana; i'm a member at both which accordingly makes the price fine. But we are lucky enough in one respect, that all the courses are most attractive to be playing at, yet i rarely get to them.

I'm posting this thread up to see if posters can collate a list of rainy season prices for the courses in chiang mai. And any conditions that may be in place, and when the promotion prices expire.

Also, does anyone know of any methods to get discounted golf at normal times at any of the courses?

I have not found any really great deals at local courses....unless you are a member. Some clubs have stopped issuing new memberships--such as Lanna--to foreigners. Lanna is simply oversubscribed, except on Wednesdays when Courses 1 and 2 are closed for maintenance, leaving the only choice Course 3 played twice (and IMHO a very nice experience). Mae Jo will sell you an annual membership that is arranged in 3 tiers....the most expensibe tier costs you THB 5,000 including the THB 1,500 annual registration fee. That level means you can play for reduced greens fees all year until the membership expires. The discount at that level gets you a weekday greens fee of THB 500 plus a mandatory THB 200 caddy fee (which must be paid in cash). A walk-in farang would have to pay about THB 1,200 + caddy fee. Play Mae Jo frequently enough and you can save money. It is a tough but beautiful course. Enjoy the walk and don't agonize over your score :o. Another way is to play at most clubs is with a member and that can get some discount off the normal published greens fees. But not a whole lot. I am a member at GVCC and a guest from the USA had to pay THB 1,640 last Saturday....my greens fee is only THB 500. I have tried without success to get discounts at other area courses....and am told that nothing is available. You can blame the Japanese and Korean invasion of CM golf for that circumstance. Last year during the off season, most local courses joined in a special promotion rate of THB 960 (plus caddy). This promotion has not been reoffered for 2007. My wife called CM Highlands and was told that they have discount rates, especially if you go after 12 noon. Good luck dodging the T-storms that will soon come later in the day though. Hope this helps but please bear in mind it reflects only my understanding and personal experience.

Edited by skyman

• 1 month later...

the Highlands is now 1200 including caddy any day at any time. Hang dong is 350 including caddy but not in the same league. Try contacting the chiangmai social golfers club.They are mostly expats and i believe they get discounts at some of the courses