Looking For A Good Mechanic...........

INTJ

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows of a good mechanic in or around Pattaya, the engine on my car has developed a rattle at the top end, and probably needs the cam clearances setting. Its a Toyota 1JZ 2500cc, gotta be someone who knows what they're doing.

Many Thanks.

I hate to be pessimistic but usually the cam shims and valve seats wear at the same rate so gaps always remain good.

Obviously I have not heard your rattle so hope that you do not have to dig too deep into your wallet.

I suggest you go to a Toyota main dealer and talk to them first. Some are well trained and honest, others just try to bullshit you. Good luck.

Checkpoint, on the Eastern Seaboard Business Centre, Sukumvit Road Pattaya Klang. This garage is owned and run by a German guy called Booby. His work is good and doesn't rip you off plus he speaks English, German and Thai.

Look in the Pattaya Trader as the advertise in there in the car section.

I suggest you go to a Toyota main dealer and talk to them first.  Some are well trained and honest, others just try to bullshit you.  Good luck.

You are right and he won't get farang prices!

I agree with that suggestion.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows of a good mechanic in or around Pattaya, the engine on my car has developed a rattle at the top end, and probably needs the cam clearances setting. Its a Toyota 1JZ 2500cc, gotta be someone who knows what they're doing.

Many Thanks.

They all know what they're doing till it goes wrong.