Is This A Scam?

slippery when wet

I received this email this morning.

Just wonder how many others got it and actually fall for it.

Reference Number: 421/613/580-EB

We bring to your notice the winning

letter from Netherlands Promotion Company held on the 9th of August,

2007 through Internet ballot System among 10,000 Microsoft users.

Subsequently, your email address attached to Ticket Number: TL754/22/76

won contract sum of Euro 750,000,000 from a total sum of $10,000,000

USD.We request you to pay serious attention to this notification by

contacting the claims department with claim information and procedures

of claim.

Congratulations once again from our

members of staff and

thank you for being part of our promotional

program.Please you are ask

to forward to Sponsor Loterij Claim Agent

the Information Below;

FULL NAMES:

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:

CURRENT PHONE NUMBERS:

CURRENT FAX

NUMBERS:

NEXT OF KIN:

NETHERLANDS DAYZERS PRIZE CLAIM DEPARTMENT.

Telephone Number:Tel:+31-

620-159-398:

Tax Number:+31-847-300-701:

E-mail:(claim_prize11@yahoo.

de)

Yours Truly,

Mrs Sandra.

Blaze.

Co-ordinator.

Short answer, the National Lottery {aka tax on fools} in the UK is run by Camelot plc.

Why do you say that. I sometimes put a couple of £'s on it and don't consider myself a fool. Upto me if i want a little flutter.

Do the maths.

Regards

I don't need to do the math, i know it is a tax and i know the odds of winning but what i object to is you calling people who have a little flutter, a "fool".

Are you saying that you never gamble on anything and never pay tax, so you are not a fool? Do you have a pension? Cos that is gambling on the stock market, of which most people let "fund managers" do the gambling for them. With one of their biggest investments and form of future income.

We nearly all, nay strike that, i will say ALL, gamble in one form or another and we ALL pay tax in one form or another. So that makes us ALL fools in your books eh?

Regards!

By the by you are conflating things you clearly don't understand.

Regards

PS My opinion does not just stand it is reinforced.

Oh i see, allright then. I'll bow to your superior cyber intelligence.

But first, could you tell me from your initial statement, what exactly i am conflating because i clearly don't understand.

Secondly, in debates people usually answer a question that is put to them. They don't just retort with "my opinion does not just stand it is reinforced" Back it up with facts man and give people a chance to counter. Or is it only your opinion that counts and we should just take your word for it?

So to recap. Could you please expand on why you think the lottery is a "tax on fools"? I wasn't denying the fact it was a tax but questioning the emphasis on "fools" you made.

Regards

I once entered a contest and won an inflatable boat and electric motor. If I remember correctly the shipping cost was US $87 which I promptly sent to them. When the boat arrived I knew I was scammed. It came in a shoe box sized package. They didn't actually lie about anything, they were just a little economical with the truth. Bastards!

I have a Brit friend who got a similar scam from "The National Lottery". I told him it was a scam but he wasn't so sure. He has no Internet connection so I played their game for a while

How did he get the notification???

This is the email address to the parasite that I am currently messing with. The usual nonsense about transfering money to me. He/she/it was passed to me by a friend and I just sent a short note saying "Praise god that we have met. Please send me all the details blah blah....." and emails have been bouncing back and forth ever since.

[email protected]

Please feel free to send them some messages of interest or sign them up for tons of junk and spam.

Think of it as helping some more muppet who is being taken in by them. If we take up all her time she won't be able to scam some soft sod.