Help Problem With Computor

chachachacha

HELP, need advice on a computor problem.I have just bought a tower from someone & when i switch on it loads up but i don't get the green start button or amything else on the bottom line {blue border }I'm new to computors so i haven't got a clue what to do to get it right.Hopefully there is somebody on this board who can help.I will add that i only bought the tower .

Edited by chachachacha

HELP, need advice on a computor problem.I have just bought a tower from someone & when i switch on it loads up but i don't get the green start button or amything else on the bottom line {blue border }I'm new to computors so i haven't got a clue what to do to get it right.Hopefully there is somebody on this board who can help.I will add that i only bought the tower .

If you live in Bangkok, take it to PanTip!

No start button; that’s unusual. Perhaps the seller went a bit too far when he wiped the hard disk before selling his computer?

As a temporary solution, you can press the Windows key on your keyboard. That‘s the key at the bottom left, between the Ctrl and the Alt keys. It does the same as clicking on the start key.

As it is a second-hand computer, you may want to erase the hard disk once more – a general safety precaution – and then re-install Windows.

--------------

Maestro

It could be locked to one of the other edges (left, right, or top) so hitting the Windows logo key should show it in one of these locations. Or move the cursor to the far top, left and right to see if it pops out.

Do you get any icons on sceen?

What does your screen look like?

As suggested what happens when you press the 'Windows' key?

Regards

What i get is the blue windows screen with the windows motive on it but nothing else unless i press the right but on the mouse Then i get some windows office programs which i can use but i can't find a way to get on anything else

Try right click ->Arrange Icons -> Show Desktop Icons.

Place cursor at the very bottom left corner {you may need to try each corner of someone has pre-configured hide to side or top of screen} of the screen. Right click you may get a different menu, if so Properties ->Task Bar ensure Auto hide is unchecked, check Lock and check Quick Launch then click [Apply]

Regards