The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Last minute Charlies , but what a fantastic 1 - 0 result for Forest against Swansea. Most of the other results went in their favour as well.

14 points clear of the 7th placed team - that should secure a play-off place :)

Couldn't agree more. If the Baggies (?) do get second place - where can a Forest fan go and watch the play-offs?? any ideas??

I live in Pattaya, but anywhere in Thailand would be worth the trip...

Macclesfield Town 2 Bury 0

Another excellent result for the Silkmen over third placed Bury and also doing our neighbours,table topping Rochdale,a favour in the process !

Macc now 11 points off the relegation zone with a game in hand.

Carlisle United FC (CUFC) 2 Colchester United FC (CUFC) 1

Not the best time in the season to take a blip in form, losing against 10 men Carlisle for most of the game (Taiwo around 30 minues), on top of an away defeat against Bristol Rovers and a dire home home performance against Brighton last Tuesday.

The U's have now slipped to 5th in the table and unless Boothroyd sorts it out, the U's could well slip out of the play-offs altogether.

Brighton 0 - 1 Swindon

Very good away win to one of the leagues form teams which puts a stop to our mini losing run.

Other results around us go our way put us back into a strong position. A big month coming up with matches against the top teams.

Notts County 2 - 2 AFC Bournemouth

Cotterill's winning run ends with a 2-2 draw against the Cherries at Meadow Lane. County now 3rd with games in hand. Hughes will be out for a couple of games courtesy of a handled ball. Some say the man is just brainless; others that it was a professional booking, so he'd be back for the bigger games later. Yet others suggest the League may investigate the handball for that possible reason. :)

Good news for one of Rochdales lads.

From skysports:-

Dawson scoops award

Young defender receives Football League award recognition

Rochdale defender Craig Dawson has been rewarded for his stunning form this season by being named as the League Two Player of the Year at Sunday night's Football League Awards in London.

The 19-year-old only made his professional debut on the opening day of the season, but has scored a staggering 11 goals in helping Dale look likely to secure a first promotion since 1969.

Commenting on the award, outgoing Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney said: "Once again these awards have given us the opportunity to honour those clubs and individuals whose commitment to the game or their local community goes beyond the call of duty.

"The fifth Football League Awards have been an enormous success, and I congratulate all the winners on their achievements."

Good news for one of Rochdales lads.

From skysports:-

Dawson scoops award

Young defender receives Football League award recognition

Rochdale defender Craig Dawson has been rewarded for his stunning form this season by being named as the League Two Player of the Year at Sunday night's Football League Awards in London.

The 19-year-old only made his professional debut on the opening day of the season, but has scored a staggering 11 goals in helping Dale look likely to secure a first promotion since 1969.

Commenting on the award, outgoing Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney said: "Once again these awards have given us the opportunity to honour those clubs and individuals whose commitment to the game or their local community goes beyond the call of duty.

"The fifth Football League Awards have been an enormous success, and I congratulate all the winners on their achievements."

Well done to this young man and to the Rochdale FC for bringing him on.

It's been an awesome year for Rochdale (but Notts aren't far behind :) ).

^

We are only 5 points adrift to Leeds and will be playing them soon. We are in form, they are not.

If we maintain our current form then it is very achievable. If it is not us then it will be Millwall taking 2nd spot, it looks like the play-offs for Leeds again this season if they don't get their act together.

^

We are only 5 points adrift to Leeds and will be playing them soon. We are in form, they are not.

If we maintain our current form then it is very achievable. If it is not us then it will be Millwall taking 2nd spot, it looks like the play-offs for Leeds again this season if they don't get their act together.

It's not Leeds that I'm worried about, although if we stay down I'd be glad to see the back of them - it's Millwall that worry me most (apart from ColU dropping out of it altogether). I honestly don't think that you'll make the other automatic promotion place but looking good for a play-off place at the moment. But as you've said , there's a few twists and turns to go yet. If we hadn't lost form over the past few games our run-in would have put us in a very promising position as it looks better than the rest. But who would have put money on you beating Sothampton, not me and that's for sure. As it stands though, if we don't get a result and lose against Wallsall tomorrow then I'd be very worried.

Yes good comeback by the dale....i think 15 points is there target now for promotion at last!!

At LONG last you mean. He says touching wood all day and night :D

Hope the shakers can do it also,although they tend to fall away when the pessure is on. :)

Yeah they seem to be struggling over the last month or so. It's what Rochdale normally do :D

Are you local NAD ?

I have friends who used to go and watch both(some still do),so i used to tag along sometimes and always enjoyed the derby game :D A good day out!

Actually spent a year at The Derby school in Bury when i was 12.

Have you heard of the Cornish Dale?? Have a few mates with the pirans flag? go watching them,they keep me up to date with everything

Jack the b**? :) up the dale ...down the ale!

Edited by NADTATIDA1

ColU 3 Brentford 3

After two depressing away defeats - both against 10 men - this was at least a spirited display. After going down 2-0 in a half hour that witnessed what must the worse play by any team since the invention of football, the U's managed to equalise and looked very capable of winning. The three points would have been better of course. But hopefully the confidence amongst the players will be boosted again now , and we can sting results together that will secure our play-off place.

Edited by EastSaxCol

Dale,not too far from being crowned champions mr bj :) but its looking grim for Grimsby !

Macc Town won a six pointer against Cheltenham with an 89th minute goal which leaves us 11 points clear of the drop zone. :D

Dale,not too far from being crowned champions mr bj :) but its looking grim for Grimsby !

Macc Town won a six pointer against Cheltenham with an 89th minute goal which leaves us 11 points clear of the drop zone. :D

Trying not to count my chickens Macc but it's been a long time coming. I moved to Rochdale 20+ years and they have had the same bragging rights as City.....which is nil :D

Well done to Macc Town, looks like you should be safe now. :D

ColU 1 Wycombe 1

After going 1-0 up, Boothroyd resorted to 4-5-1 ... lunacy against a team that we should have beaten. Needless to say, a lot of U's supporters are far from happy about his style of play and tactics. On he plus side I suppose, loanee Quedrue from Birmingham had an excellent game.

ColU 1 Wycombe 1

After going 1-0 up, Boothroyd resorted to 4-5-1 ... lunacy against a team that we should have beaten. Needless to say, a lot of U's supporters are far from happy about his style of play and tactics. On he plus side I suppose, loanee Quedrue from Birmingham had an excellent game.

have you given up on west ham ,colin?

ColU 1 Wycombe 1

Joining the thread in anticipation for next season imola? :)

ColU 1 Wycombe 1

Edited by EastSaxCol