The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

[

Sorry for mmy ignorance riijt but who is "we/us " these days ??

mr singh, if you have nothing to say regarding the threads topic, just go away. I know the school holidays are boring, but please find something else to do maybe homework or be a nice boy, go help youre mother.

mr singh, if you have nothing to say regarding the threads topic, just go away. I know the school holidays are boring, but please find something else to do maybe homework or be a nice boy, go help youre mother.

:) Reel em in Singhy, reel em in Boy because these one's most certainly bite...

& riijt do me a favour, don't say about the School Holidays yet finish with the " Mother " bit aye, you haven't got a clue about my Mother so i'd prefer of you left her out of it aye Sweetheart ??

Edit : Just can't beleive you've wrote that about the School Holidays, Homework & then finish it off with the " Mum " thing..

<deleted> laughable but nor surprise from one of you lot, 2 Bob as usual... :D

Edited by MSingh

Rotherham have agreed a fee with Rochdale for striker Adam Le Fondre.

I don't know. These big clubs coming in and stealing the smaller clubs top talent. :)

Not that big mate, it looks like the deal has fell through due to his wage demands :D

Hey Mr.BJ, what's happened to Nottingham's very own Chavy. I haven't seen him around these hallowed halls for months, I hope he's OK ?

Not sure where he is ken. Probably asleep on some bar stool and no one has woke him up yet. I think he get's so p1ssed at the end of the season he hybernates until the start of the next one. :)

a good point for rochdale bbc reckoned unlucky it wasnt 3, and macca a steady start. and rotherham of to a winning start. great opening day

TOTALLY TOTALLY LOVE IT

to give you an idea of what it was like yesterday A quote from a leeds fan on exeters forum today.

Hi guys and girls. Dont normally post on others clubs forums but felt compelled to after yesterday. Gotta say your support was superb. Just short of 3k turned up, and you certainly dispelled the myth about the South West not being a hot bed of football. You're fans were amongst the most passionate I've seen at ER for years. I was in the South Stand right next to you lot and believe me you were LOUD!!

After the first 30 mins I thought we were gonna win by 5 but your team found their feet and from then on it was even and could have gone either way. You'll have no problems in this league and I for one will be watching your results with interest. Good luck for the season and hopefully I'll be visiting the real St James's Park in January.

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY FOOTBALL IS, MOSTLY A WINTER SPORT!! JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!

Gotcha!!

In football, there is only ONE St. James's Park - Exeter City. Newcastle United play at St. James' Park.

A big difference, especially in pub quiz nights.

yep lannatyne, had that one in footy quiz before,

similar to the stirling albion-liverpool, both have same stadium

but with slightly different spelling.

anyway, hope youre exeter do well this season, was impressed by the leeds fan,s write up

about youre lot.ill keep an eye out for your results :)

Congrats to the millers, fab win against the moneyed and last season semi finalists,derby. it really is going to be a good season for you, Enjoy it.

Our mob what can you say, but QPR, made up of prem nearly or should be men, were just to strong for us!!according to the devon bbc commentary team routledge in particular not just the hat trick but he was so quick and a total pain in the side all night. and another of our new signings goldborne, sent off! Still , onwards and upwards.

Hey Mr.BJ, what's happened to Nottingham's very own Chavy. I haven't seen him around these hallowed halls for months, I hope he's OK ?

Not sure where he is ken. Probably asleep on some bar stool and no one has woke him up yet. I think he get's so p1ssed at the end of the season he hybernates until the start of the next one. :D

I'm here ! I'm here ! :D

Been busy with the new job & recovering from the shock of Billy making 9 new signings :)

We have.When the fixtures first came out this looked like a decent 3 pointer for Macc but as we all know a lot has happened at Notts County since then !

A chance for Sven to weigh up the young rich Prestbury women as well,maybe !

Incidentally we've got two ex Forest players at Macc this season.....Hamsa Bencherif and Emile Sinclair.

A lucky draw for exeter, norwich really should have had it wrapped up by half time.

then, same old same old our manager changes it around puts two up front, as opposed to sole striker, b4 you can blink , were level. and maybe could

have nicked 3 points Probably been an injustice , but I wouldnt have moaned to much.

overall very happy with a point, against a team packed with quality players. gets us of the ground and running.

the dale seem to b the only others with anything to cheer about!

mind you notts look like they could be the team to run a way with it this year, and bournemouth, im sure will be in the mix

and as for the gulls well, best they stick to their own thread !!! enough said.

post-20082-1250403380.gif

Colchester United maintained their impressive start to the season although manager Paul Lambert was sent to the stands.

The U`s manager, despite preferring to confer praise on his players, said on BBC Essex Radio at full-time that he needed "an abacus" to count all the poor decisions made by the game's referee.

Yeovil`s goal in the 2-1 win came from a free-kick given late on. The act of awarding a free-kick for no obvious reason is thought to have most mystified the U`s boss.

Fitness doubt Ryan Mason scored for the visitors, but in spite of five minutes stoppage time, an early first-half effort from man-of-the-man midfielder, David Fox, then Ashley Vincent, helped seal the points. The result keeps Colchester top of League One.

yeah david fox ex man utd youth quality footballer, had hopes he might have come down to exeter, but people reckon that there may well be a little grudge about the way we sacked his dad!!

Too early to say, but all the indications so far are that Lambert has bought shrewdly in the transfer market.

post-20082-1250585421.gif

Well. not long now to see how accurate or not the below speculation is .... :)

A multitude of other unofficial fanzines think Paul Lambert is the unnamed manager who has been interviewed for Norwich City`s vacancy.

They explain how City are set to poach the man who cased all their current problems this season by masterminding a magnificent 7-1 victory for the U`s on the first weekend of the 2008-9 Football League campaign.

This speculation comes as Norwich, fast becoming as annoying to some of the football fraternity as Newcastle United, have scheduled a press conference and expect to name their new boss within 48 hours, according to thier Chief executive, David McNally. Oh joy!

That Southend`s Steve Tilson has also been tipped, despite distancing himself from the post last weekend, suggests idle Norwich fans might just be playing a geographical guessing-game.

At this rate, the U`s will have to hold their own conference tomorrow to counter such shenanigans, although City certainly had a lucky escape in not buying Phil Ifil, the last Colchester commodity they were linked with.

Lambert has already rejected the chance to coach Scotish side Motherwell, and also supposedly held unconfirmed talks with Championship Watford, since he arrived as Geriant Williams` replacement last autumn.

It remains to be seen how viable-an-alternative he really is to the recently fired Bryan Gunn, who kept his job last season despite confirming City's ignominious relegation to English Football's third level.

Sideways move for lambert at best.If the guys head is so easily turned, you are probably just as well of without him

sounds like one of youre clubs strengths is youre board, theyve picked good managers b4, so perhaps they will do again.

Sideways move for lambert at best.If the guys head is so easily turned, you are probably just as well of without him

sounds like one of youre clubs strengths is youre board, theyve picked good managers b4, so perhaps they will do again.

That's the problem. Little club loses decent manager ... once again. :)

Hope that Naarwich lose 7-1 again next time around as well. :D

post-20082-1250657375.gif

Under the circumstances of Lambert's ugly departure from the U's to Norwich and club captain Dean Hammond all but sold to Southampton, it was a good , morale boosting 2 -1 win over Gillingham last night. Made even sweeter for ColU fans by Norwich losing by the same margin away to Brentford. Which leaves Norwich eight points behind the U's, who remain top of the 1st division on goal difference from Charlton.

U's