Is It Too Late?

DaiHard

Hi

I was wondering if someone could offer some advise to a complete novice in the LOS teaching profession. I am coming over at the end of october hoping to get a teaching job is this too late to start looking? If not who would be offering jobs at that time?

I have a BA, PGCE and TEFL and 10 years classroom experience plus international business experience. I also have a (University educated) Thai wife and a daughter (I had a company office in Bangkok once upon a time).

Many thanks for your help.

It's never too late and Thailand needs more teachers with credentials such as yours. You will have no problem getting a job so make certain that you don't settle too quickly on something before scouting out other possibilities including opportunities for better pay.

In terms of suggestions, read all the pinned info here and scan the threads old and new. Use the search function to seek the more specific info you are seeking. Don't be afraid to ask questions here that may end up saving you a lot of problems down the road.

Good luck!

Edited by mopenyang

It is never too late. Make sure that you are recruited from abroad. That way, you get free airfare, a settlement allowance, and some form of housing.

Thank you for all your kind advise. Just one thing - how do you get recruited from abroad? All the jobs seem to require that you are in country when you apply. :o

There's a website you should look up, DaiHard. Not sure if I'm supposed to say it on here. PM me. You will find good jobs. My suggestion, with your experience, you should go for a high-paying corporate job. There are some big corporations in Bangkok, hotels, international businesses, etc. that will pay you good money to be an in-house teacher. If you can get that, you should never have to worry about dealing with all the schools at there that you pay you crap money.