Looking For Models

kedecker

I want to find female models in Thailand and Cambodia for photos to be taken outdoors at temple sites. I will be there in November 3 through December 18, 2007. The model will need to be dressed in traditional dance clothes (i.e. Ramakien) and needs to be able to hold traditional pose. I am flexible concerning the locations that I will use, but sites will include Ayuthaya and Sukothai, Thailand and Angkor Wat, Cambodia. I am willing to pay for the model's time. I can speak and read Thai, but not Cambodian. Can anyone help with suggestions?

I was in Cambodia last year and I know of the models that can be found at Angkor wat and Angkor Thom. These groups are dressed up and usually charge $1 for a few pictures. However, the quality of the dress and modeling ability is somewhat lacking. I am looking for more professional models.

post-5568-1187287258_thumb.jpg

regards,

Karl

Images will be sold as fine art prints. They may also be sold for commercial purposes with the consent of the model. I will get approval from the model before each commercial use. If the model wants to limit the use of the photo, this arrangement can be made.

Karl

Edited by Maestro
Email address removed as per forum rules.

Quote,

These groups are dressed up and usually charge $1 for a few pictures. However, the quality of the dress and modeling ability is somewhat lacking. I am looking for more professional models.................................................................................

................................................................................

What do you expect for $1 for a few photos, Naomi Campbell? You are taking the piss out of Thai ladies.

There are quite a few Thai ladies that post. Not sure of any of their ages/occupations/locations. I assume OP put his request, not so much to find ladies who post necessarily, as to inform members who may have girlfriends, friends or acquaintances that might be suitable and wish to work with him. :o

What do you mean exactly by this term - 'Professional models'? Unless you know them personally, you'll have to contact a modelling agency in Bangkok. (Do a Google Search).

Modelling agencies however, are going to charge slightly more than $1! I believe you would be looking at a few hundred dollars a day.

Your best bet, would be to contact local schools near your chosen site and ask for their assistance with models and attire etc....

But again, what are these shots for?

Edited by Stephen Cleary

Yes......I know that I can expect to pay more for a model. In my posting, I never said that I would only pay $1. I simply wanted to make it clear that I did not need referals to the group in Cambodia that were charging $1. I am already familiar with them. I have taken pictures of that group before. They are a lot of fun to work with and for $1 they work very hard. In fact, I will probably have them pose for me again when I return to Angkor. However, as I stated in the original post, I would also like to find some more experienced models.

I am willing to go with a modeling agency. However, I thought that someone on this forum may know of a model who was looking for work. I have found that direct arrangements can sometimes be mutually beneficial. If not, I can always contact one of the agencies in BKK.

Yes, November Rain, it doesn't matter if they are members or not. As long as they are comfortable in front of the camera and know how to pose.

You're unlikely to find thai models on TV but good luck anyway.

Two slightly older thais, one a rather fetching lady-boy and another a pretty femme fatale (graceless fawn;)) that possibly may meet the criteria you request.

Over to you ladies...

I posted a similar response previously on TV for the OP but somehow (a little gremlin perhaps :D) it was deleted!

Was it you moddys? :o

Well I’m a thai “laady” and smiling& posing do come naturally for me. But you know what they say…a camera will add at least 10 lbs on you and if you’re planning to use a zoom also…then well I think you will be wasting the films on me! Hehe :o If I was younger…maybe

You might try to be in Thailand during one of our many famous festivals that include pageantry, I’m sure many of those local girls will even pose those pictures for free!