Where Is The Best Value Seafood Restaurant ?

wileycoyote

I agree with Jai Dee, take yourself down to Bang Sare. The rock lobster at Bang Sare Seafood (the big restaurant built out over the water - first one that you come to going south along BS beach) is especially good. Prices very reasonable - seldom much more than 1500 Baht for 3 people and that's for a lot of food and beer.

DM

He asked for Pattaya. Lots of people don't have cars and Pattaya doesn't have taxis.

Not wanting to argue or anything, but similarly lots of people do have cars and you could always charter a baht bus taxi.

Try Mumalloy (not dure abt spelling) in SiRatcha. Never had a better seafood dinner ever.

Mum Aroi has some of the best sunsets to watch as you eat too...they have just remodeled...looks great.

He asked for Pattaya. Lots of people don't have cars and Pattaya doesn't have taxis.

Not wanting to argue or anything, but similarly lots of people do have cars and you could always charter a baht bus taxi.

What do you think those so called "taxis" would charge to drive you there and wait two hours for you to eat, and drive you baht?

The OP also asked for good value.

Are you saying it doesn't exist in Pattaya? What about those two places at the end of Jomtien Beach Road? Those are both decent, good value, popular with Bangkok Thais, and you can get there by baht bus for 20 baht from closer in Jomtien.

BTW, I don't buy into calling baht buses or motos "taxis." A taxi is a car with a meter in it.

Edited by Jingthing

Try Mumalloy (not dure abt spelling) in SiRatcha. Never had a better seafood dinner ever.

Mum Aroi has some of the best sunsets to watch as you eat too...they have just remodeled...looks great.

Just waiting for Jingthing to post something about needing a car or taxi to get to Mum Arroy in Sriracha too... :o

Oh I just lovve the seafood restaurant thatz in soi Bang la moong Police station! Sorry i cant remember a name though...

if you are outside Pattaya...

Try small seafood restaurant in Lame mae prim , Rayong !! you will just love it.

Try a street seafood restaurant on Silom rd .. The one thatz you gotta get in the small soi..

TigerLily

Edited by TigerLily

You can get some great cheap seafood in Ang Sila.

I recommend not going anywhere else ever again.

For those that do not have cars, perhaps rent or buy an apartment in Ang Sila, Bang Saen is perhaps too far away and that Scandinavian MooBaan looks too expensive, there are some nice places around the monkey mountain (whatever it is called) and the purchase of a bicycle would help cut fuel costs.

it seems from what I have read on this thread that eating anything in pattaya is expensive especially seafood, and I'm talking Restaurant here not Thai corner noodle shops etc I have even found it expensive to buy seafood to cook at home, seems that the sea food chain is very well tied down here.

it seems from what I have read on this thread that eating anything in pattaya is expensive especially seafood, and I'm talking Restaurant here not Thai corner noodle shops etc I have even found it expensive to buy seafood to cook at home, seems that the sea food chain is very well tied down here.

What sort of prices are you talking about for 1 kilo of live prawns or mud crab etc?

at the very end of jomtien beach road past all the speed bumps and where it turns left into the countryside is a good seafood restaurant with great crabs and outdoor seaside seating.it has no written english name just a thai one but it is half the price of walking street's king crab,lobster pot,nang naul,

etc.,and with better food.

at the very end of jomtien beach road past all the speed bumps and where it turns left into the countryside is a good seafood restaurant with great crabs and outdoor seaside seating.it has no written english name just a thai one but it is half the price of walking street's king crab,lobster pot,nang naul,

Yep, there are two places down there though. The one that is really at the very end of that road, and the one just before that on the left. Which one do you like? I have only been to the latter one and found it great but bad service.

Edited by Jingthing

Yep, there are two places down there though. The one that is really at the very end of that road, and the one just before that on the left. Which one do you like? I have only been to the latter one and found it great but bad service.

the one at the very end is the one i've eaten in several times and while the food is great,the service is so-so with the waiters seeming to be rather slow walkers who seem to like to dawdle and chat with each other. haven't tried the one just before it on the left but will give it a try for the great food despite the subpar service.

the one at the very end is the one i've eaten in several times and while the food is great,the service is so-so with the waiters seeming to be rather slow walkers who seem to like to dawdle and chat with each other. haven't tried the one just before it on the left but will give it a try for the great food despite the subpar service.

Went to the one at the end and it was good. Food was great and pretty cheap. But as said before if you can go further afield there are some great seafood restraunts in Rayong and mae rampung beach :o