Referee Styles And His "penalty"......

R123

I just seen a re-run of the incident leading to the penalty, and the ref has now been asked to publicly "admit" he was wrong which he has.

Was he?

And if so, does he deserve the humiliation?

Week after week we see ref's giving dubious penalty and other decisions;will they be treated in the same way as Styles?

What do you think?

It's about time that there was some accountability for certain mistakes. The refs are now proffesional, and earn a fair amount of money through it, so if they don't perform then they need to be made accountable. In recent years refs have been pretty much unaccountable and a lot have refused to admit some pretty bad mistakes. I'd say that the hope here is that by doing this, it will improve the image of refs by making the look a little bit more human again.

What I will say however, is that it is a thankless task, and one which they have to make split second decisions. It is not helped by the behaviour of certain players and managers who are constantly try to apply preseure by using unsportsman like and deceitful behaviour.

In this particular incident, it was a shocking decision and the ref desrves a "holiday", but I'd like to see some action taken against the players who are continuing to cheat and con referees.

I think we will see more of this accountabilty for ref's thi season, as my understanding is, that during the close season there ws a lot of discussion about incidednts involving referees performances.