Do You Work For A Multinational Corp. In Thailand?

Hi

I'm doing a presentation for my Human Resource Management class at uni next week, I will be presenting about how certain MNC firms within Thailand use labour laws (such as special cases and minority groups, disabled workers etc) and any special policies they have set up. I will especially be looking at the FBA so would be interested to hear how MNCs deal with that law.

I have already tried emailing some MNCs but haven't had much response from them and Im hoping someone can put me in touch with the right person.

Thanks,

David

Dave,

Baker & McKenzie used to have a pretty extensive library online for each country. Used to be a client and had even more access. I would suggest you try their website, along with the other 4 or 5 biggest law firms in town as a first start. Also, try the big blue chip headhunters like Heidrick & Struggles, Russell, etc., again stick to the big blue chip firms they have lots of money to pay people to put those things together.

Good luck.

Just thought of another idea. Go visit the reception floor of those big firms. They usually have racks of their latest publications they're so proud of to entice new clients. I think today, they have taken a lot off their websites for liability problems. This will take some legwork, and you have to dress nice, and think up some excuse to be there as a student, but I think that's your best bet. :o

Edited by chinthee