Do You Hold Your Wifes Hand In Public?

bangkoksingapore

Holding Hands  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The country is falling apart, the government is a bunch of.... investement is floundering, the people are broke and this is the best you can come up with..you must be an estate agent or a chartered surveyor..go and join the farangoloid that got short changed by 5 fXXXX ing baht from Mc Donalds

You sound like you're having a nervous breakdown. :o Off your meds?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this has ever been about offending other Thais, but more of what other Thais would think about your Thai wife. In the early days of my marriage (Viet Nam war era), just standing next to each other in Bangkok would have other Thais misunderstanding our relationship. Now, it is no longer an issue and any Thai having problems with a foreigner/Thai couple holding hands in public has never been to a mall.

Most of the Thai/ falang couples in a mall are in a paid relationship at least in Pattaya and Hua Hin and Bangkok etc etc etc what bar girls are paid to do should not inform your understanding of what is acceptable in Thai society.

It is changing and younger thais do hold hands. Upcountry perhaps the old ways are more common. Some bar girls have told me when I have played pool with them that they dont like to be pawed by falangs. That includes holding hands, they all add that as they are paid to hold hands and more they have no choice. Most of the older falangs are of course of an age where they would never in polite society, hold hands in public even if their partners are considerably younger. My wife would be scandalised at us holding hands in public. After we had been in her village for a while and its a fairly prosperous village with lots of well off thais a rich old woman came up to me and started talking to me.. The old lady was saying that she had watched me since I first visited and she had noticed how polite I was and proper by not touching my wife in public. She also said how different I was than the other falangs married to Thai women in the village who caused in her view much embarrassment by their public displays of affection. It certainly helped me to be accepted in the village because the old lady is a major landowner and well respected and made me be better accepted than the other falangs who they steer clear of. Of course the more educated the thais the more tolerant of falangs they are. Many thai women are worried that if they hold hands in public others will assume they are bar girls and being paid to do so. It drives me crazy at times to not touch my wife in public but....when in Rome..........

You really do add a new dimension to the word 'sanctimonious', don't you?

"Most of the older falangs would never dream of holding hands in polite society' blah blah blah. I work and mix in so-called polite society and see it all the time, both in mixed relationships and all-Thai relationships. If you want your social mores dictated by an aging landowner in a village in the back of NakhonNowhere, good for you, and if her respect is so important for you, then I'm delighted for you.

But most of us - and our wives - have joined the twentieth century.

The country is falling apart, the government is a bunch of.... investement is floundering, the people are broke and this is the best you can come up with..you must be an estate agent or a chartered surveyor..go and join the farangoloid that got short changed by 5 fXXXX ing baht from Mc Donalds

The Original post is more about "changing attitudes" than holding hands and if they all start holding hands maybe they will all start thinking more about all the other problems in Thailand.

My wife actually kissed me in public at the airport this time when I left for the Uk a first for her in 2 years!!!!

Understand!

May I apolgise, I was a bit angered at the tight arse that started the short change post and unfotunately....vented my spleen here..no har feelings! I hope

I genearally walk down the street holding her tits..and she holds my dick..have you nothing better to do?

Why not take off your strait jacket and go and play way a bread knife....the world will keep on turning thankfully

Easy..tiger!!

Take it easy.

live is too short. :o

Accepted -Apologies all round, sorry -I had a shit day, I have a frustratingly slow connection, and my posts were rejected on whatever trivial grounds...not enough of this brackets not enought of that...I re read the post, apologiest to the OP, and spent five to ten minutes trying to read peoples posts and in some circumstances they were drival.

I promise not to react in future... please may I be forgiven, I understand everyone has there point of view...ahem ...but after 6 bottles of Chang ..welll reality sometimes comes second.

Sorry..not meant