How Are You When You Are Drunk?

Bluecat

I tend to feel happy, jovial and generous. I usually blow through all my cash giving it away to bargirls and beer server girls once I'm pissed. I agree with the Scamp though; it magnifies things. If others are down or agro, I will sometimes feel the same. Once the meanies are gone, then I resume my happy self.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually noticed quite a few times that strong alcohol beverages like whiskey, vodka,... were making the people meaner after drinking more often than "soft" beverages like beer.

Since it is the alcohol responsible for the mood enhancing, I do not really understand while it should happen.

Maybe it is just an impression.

I actually noticed quite a few times that strong alcohol beverages like whiskey, vodka,... were making the people meaner after drinking more often than "soft" beverages like beer.

Since it is the alcohol responsible for the mood enhancing, I do not really understand while it should happen.

The main reason is the amount of alcohol in a set amount of time, 1 mixed drink or straight whiskey has about the same amount of alkie as 2 beers,so it is the amount in the blood stream that does it,people that say they get drunker on whiskey than beer is because they don't drink the same amount of alcohol.

So 1 pint of hard liquor to 32 bottles of beer,,I don't know to many folks that can hold that much beer.

I'm a quiet guy when I do not drink.

I'm a bit less quiet when I drink.

Borderline extravagant.

As a few of you could notice,... :D:D

I for one have witnessed that, Brue. :D

My hormones tend to get into me big time when I am drunk. I wouldn't chat away or anything. More like flirt away. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. :o:D

I have no problems with spirits or beers apart from Stella in the UK, that stuff turns me into a crazy person... I do not drink it often even though I love the taste

totster :o

I get talkative - which is no real change - except that I tend to join in any conversation between any people and take up the role of expert in the field :o

I get loader and louder when I talk - dunno why.

I'm never violent or mean. I find many thing amusing and have even been hit more than a few times for finding things funny that, perhaps, sober I might not have :D This often infuriates them more, as no one likes being laughed at when they've just thumped you one - I'm a big fella. If I get realy sh!t faced, then I tend to keep getting hit by the floor - b*gger just comes right up there and smacks me one.

In the UK I drink beer usually, but never get drunk this way. I just spend too much time at the urinal I suppose. On a session I'll go on to the spirits. In LOS I drink mostly Makong with water.

Oh, about the Alcohol gene thing. I read an articl yesterday on that very subject (Focus Science Mag). It said there are 3 stages to the breakdown of Alcohol in the body. The first step is to convert Alcohol to some chemical (can't remember the name - article's at home). This chemical is basically a poison. The body then breaks it down agains and flushes the byproducts out in your urine.

In Asia the second step - the removal of the poison - is not very well evolved. The poison takes longer to break down, and high levels of alcohol are much more dangerous.

I once read another article that gave a reason for this 'evolotion'. It said that in the East water was boiled to remove bacteria (of course they didn't know it was bacteria, just that if you drank cold water you died, if it was boiled you didn't) - hence tea. In the West we fermented it. Saxons, Vikings, Celts fermented grain, hops, barley and honey to make beers and meads. Southern Europeans drank grape juice (wine). The fermenting kills the bacteria.

Therefore, in the west we have evolved to be able to metabolise alcohol faster - in ancient times people did not drink water, only beer! :o

Oh, about the Alcohol gene thing. I read an articl yesterday on that very subject (Focus Science Mag). It said there are 3 stages to the breakdown of Alcohol in the body. The first step is to convert Alcohol to some chemical (can't remember the name - article's at home). This chemical is basically a poison. The body then breaks it down agains and flushes the byproducts out in your urine.

In Asia the second step - the removal of the poison - is not very well evolved. The poison takes longer to break down, and high levels of alcohol are much more dangerous.

I once read another article that gave a reason for this 'evolotion'. It said that in the East water was boiled to remove bacteria (of course they didn't know it was bacteria, just that if you drank cold water you died, if it was boiled you didn't) - hence tea. In the West we fermented it. Saxons, Vikings, Celts fermented grain, hops, barley and honey to make beers and meads. Southern Europeans drank grape juice (wine). The fermenting kills the bacteria.

Therefore, in the west we have evolved to be able to metabolise alcohol faster - in ancient times people did not drink water, only beer! :o

Has anyone got a time machine ? I was never to fond of water. Beer sounds like the way to go.

• 4 weeks later...
S*ber = talk bullshit

Drunk = talk absolute bullshit

Very drunk = speak in Hungarian

Totalled = speak in Mongolian

After that I haven't got a clue!

:D

me too, we could talk for hours. :o

I will find out soon enough when i go to your place @ Dave. By the way, i get pissed and start fires. :D:D

S*ber = talk bullshit

:D

me too, we could talk for hours. :o

Thanks Dave, I feel better now, you were speaking Mongolian last time I met you.

No wonder I did not understand a word,... :D:D

It is not a great feeling to watch people make assh*** out of themselves when one is a non-drinker Looking on.

I do know, you do not need alcohol to be happy it is a depressant in the extreme.

S*ber = talk bullshit

:wub:

me too, we could talk for hours. :D

Thanks Dave, I feel better now, you were speaking Mongolian last time I met you.

No wonder I did not understand a word,... :D-_-

careful or i'll tell everyone about your mongolian dancing :D:D:o

It is not a great feeling to watch people make assh*** out of themselves when one is a non-drinker Looking on.

I do know, you do not need alcohol to be happy it is a depressant in the extreme.

Bizz, this is not at all a critic but you sound very much like Yohan.

May I give Frank Sinatra's saying:

"I pity people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning, this is the best they will feel for the day"

Anyway, if you're happy, all the power to you,... :o

Bizz, this is not at all a critic but you sound very much like Yohan.

May I give Frank Sinatra's saying:

"I pity people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning, this is the best they will feel for the day"

Anyway, if you're happy, all the power to you,... :o

I am and have been for many the long year.

Wakening up with a hangover feeling like shi* is this anyone’s way of starting a day

Isn’t life so short? Being aware of what is happening around you and being happy with one self is living. Ask any Thai woman which would they prefer a drinker or a non-drinker.

The way to enlightenment

. :o