If Too Many Overweight Farangs Move To Isaan Will The Earth Be Thrown Off Its Axis?

qwertz

Yes, it's very possible. Such a marked shift in mass from northern latitudes to near the equator, could increase the oblateness of this earthly spheroid. Increased precession is a given. Polar shift? That will depend on whether they'll be consuming the large bottles of Chang.

Edited by lannarebirth

^

Well, Mid, I was thinking in terms of less days of sunshine if the northern hills tilt more to the east, the rain clouds from the west would have an easier hop over into the lower plains...

Just theorising, you understand?

A calamity like you described is definitely a possibility for LOS. A similar event occurred here in the US many years ago when there was a population exodus to the West Coast which caused a seismic tilt of the US towards the West which in turn caused all the loose nuts in the US to roll into California. I am still here ! :o

:o

This explains the increasing number of earthquakes, floods & other natural disasters.

But what do we do ? If we send them all back to where they came from, a vaccuum of older foreigners will occur, and we all know how nature abhors such a state of affairs ...

Mid, my head is now obscured by clouds and my brain hurts.

As I'm a mere stone's throw from Arctic climes, I can't get my head around tropical weather behaviour.

quite simple really , don't do cold , sunset 6.30 pm rise same , don't do cold

regards

mid

ps did i mention , don't do cold

Re the McD's & BK's...

If the Thais in Isaan change their diets due to the availability of Big Mac's & Double Whoppers & become similarly obese, what would happen to the climate then? And think of the methane produced - would that cause more incidence of fires in dry season? A weighty problem, indeed.

This brings up an interesting question which has troubled my dreams many a night. How many McDonalds there are in Thailand outside Bangkok area? Isan especially? I remember driving to Poi Pet from Bangkok and the Lotus in ChaSongChao was the last out post but no McDonalds, only the bloddy KFC.

Please post me locations of McDonalds in the East.

Nature seeks to achieve balance. When mother earth saw that there were too many skinny, short statured people in Isaan and the earth was in danger of getting wobbly she had to do something quickly. Overweight, sweaty white guys were plentiful and easy to bait.

The balance has been restored. Rest easy. :o

Nature seeks to achieve balance. When mother earth saw that there were too many skinny, short statured people in Isaan and the earth was in danger of getting wobbly she had to do something quickly. Overweight, sweaty white guys were plentiful and easy to bait.

The balance has been restored. Rest easy. :D

I like this. :o

interesting question that, i must admit ive always wondered if all the people

in China sat down at the same time would similar happen? personally i think its a

difficult one.

1 you would have to have some 1.5 billion chairs, are there enough chairs in China?

you may have to import millions, it would be a logistical nightmare, ships, aeroplanes, trucks etc would have to be employed in their thousands to do it.

2 it would have to be coordinated perfectly across time zones, you could get many millions sitting down at slightly different times? each village, town, city would have to have perfectly coordinated atomic clocks at hand.

3. people in wheelchairs who normally could not stand and sit down would have to be helped to stand up and sit down, also their assistants would have to try and sit down at the same time, unless they were given special permission not to sit down.

there must be many difficulties ive not seen, i just dont think it will happen. Now i'm off to have my therapy.

wap

Mid, my head is now obscured by clouds and my brain hurts.

As I'm a mere stone's throw from Arctic climes, I can't get my head around tropical weather behaviour.

quite simple really , don't do cold , sunset 6.30 pm rise same , don't do cold

regards

mid

ps did i mention , don't do cold

once or twice mid........

why would there be less sunshine ??

Because those of us who are ... erm ... more-generously-built would naturally throw a larger shadow ?

Also, if we all jumped up-and-down at the same time, would that cause an earthquake ?? :o