No NFL Games On Espn?

There are mixed signals and what we get one week may be different from the next. For example, I can never remember having NCAA games on during the season. The odd bowl game, yes, but not during the season. Last week we had the Louisville game live, and then on Sunday afternoon, a tape of the Texas A&M game (which wasn't advertised and I found by accident). This week, I didn't see any NCAA football, and it looks like the NFL games are just the two being discussed. Next week, it could be different again. I don't think we will ever know for sure, until after the fact.

Yes last weekend they showed two NCAA games, and this weekend they did show the Maryland/ West Virginia game on Friday evening (taped). I did not watch much telly over the rest of the weekend so I don’t know if they showed any other NCAA games this past weekend or not.

I don’t ever recall getting NCAA regular season games. Two years ago they had the national championship game (Texas/ USC) which was great because that was one h*ll of a game. But last year when my Bucks got their hat handed to them it was not shown on UBC. Personally I will be glad to trade the Sunday night, and Monday night games for at least two NCAA games a week.

Biggest problem right now is finding out what games they are going to show and when.

No Monday night game this morning – me Skins held on after controlling the entire third quarter they let things get a bit out of hand in the fourth.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes last weekend they showed two NCAA games, and this weekend they did show the Maryland/ West Virginia game on Friday evening (taped). I did not watch much telly over the rest of the weekend so I don’t know if they showed any other NCAA games this past weekend or not.

Biggest problem right now is finding out what games they are going to show and when.

I completely missed the Maryland/West Virginia game. How did you know it was on? I found the Texas A&M game (taped) by accident the week before. There were definitely no American football games televised on either Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon (Bangkok time).

I really can't believe how bad a communications company can be in communications with its customers.

I completely missed the Maryland/West Virginia game. How did you know it was on? I found the Texas A&M game (taped) by accident the week before. There were definitely no American football games televised on either Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon (Bangkok time).

I really can't believe how bad a communications company can be in communications with its customers.

Found it by accident – same as the two games last week. Since the cock-up last weekend, and the lack of reliable information I tend to scan the sports channels every now and again to see what’s shown’ – especially interesting now with the Rugby world cup, catch a reply every now and again of that as well.

Look at your TV schedules carefully this weekend. The early Monday morning games will be televised on True Sport 4 NOT True Sport 3, as they were previously. Also they show a replay of these games starting a 19:00 (7pm). No listing of either the Sun or Mon night games.

Look at your TV schedules carefully this weekend. The early Monday morning games will be televised on True Sport 4 NOT True Sport 3, as they were previously. Also they show a replay of these games starting a 19:00 (7pm). No listing of either the Sun or Mon night games.

How did you know about the channel switch? I missed this.

It was reported on another thread that there was a replay today (Sat.) on CNBC of this past week's MNF game. It came on at 11AM. Of course, absolutely no guarantee that this will ever happen again, or if it does, where and when.

How did you know about the channel switch? I missed this.

It was reported on another thread that there was a replay today (Sat.) on CNBC of this past week's MNF game. It came on at 11AM. Of course, absolutely no guarantee that this will ever happen again, or if it does, where and when.

Both the TrueVisions magazine and their website show these changes. I still have questions as to whether we'll get all the playoff games as in the past years.

ABC/ESPN in the past has had the rights for televising games the first 2 weeks of the playoffs. Will ESPN Asia televise these games this year? I know I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but maybe we should be get the answer now instead of waiting until it's to late.

Again more confusion from Truevisions, both their magazine and website schedules show NO LIVE games on Monday morning, but replay of the St Louis@Dallas and Denver@Indy starting at 19:00 Monday evening. Also the schedules shows that both the Sunday and Monday Night games will be shown on ESPN. Go figure! :o

I received an email from True on Friday saying they would show the two Sunday afternoon games live. That is Monday morning at 0000 and 0315 hours, TS 4. They also say they are in negotiations for SNF and MNF.

Thanks for the info. So more confusion. Schedule shows PRESIDENTS CUP live at 0000 on TS 4 and now maybe no SNF & MNF. I give up! Set my DVR and see what happens.

I truly do not understand how a company that is in the "communications" business can be so totally incompetent in communicating a very simple thing like a schedule. They have a website. Last time I checked, a website can be updated INSTANTLY! I'll give them a break on the magazine, because that copy had to be submitted a couple of weeks ago to be printed and distributed.

But how can they possibly have different information on their website than what somebody send out in an email? Do these people ever communicate with others in their own company? I've never seen anything so totally screwed up in my life. But then, I've only lived in Thailand for 17 months!!

I'll be ready to watch games on the internet, and check in on the TrueV channels at game time. But it's clear that we can't believe anything they say, whether in their magazine, on their website, or in "personal" emails they send to inquiring customers. This is a totally incompetent company.

I received an email from True on Friday saying they would show the two Sunday afternoon games live. That is Monday morning at 0000 and 0315 hours, TS 4. They also say they are in negotiations for SNF and MNF.

Judging by the golf programming that just started on TS4 and is scheduled to run until 05:00, I'd say that the information that True provided to you was b.s.

Gentlemen, The Cowboys-Rams game is ON LIVE NOW on TRUE Sport 2

I got the final off the internet at 7:30AM. Hence, at 7:59 AM it must have been a tape. Still, I would have loved to have seen it had I known. The Colt/Bronco game was shown live in the middle of the night. Another good game that had to be found by accident.

Judging by the golf programming that just started on TS4 and is scheduled to run until 05:00, I'd say that the information that True provided to you was b.s.

I checked at midnight and 1AM, but no NFL. I was hoping they would show the Cowboy game which was one of the early starts, but no games at all. However, as noted in my previous posting, they did show the Colt/Bronco game later in the morning, and from what Patsfangr said, it looks like they had a tape delay of the Pokes/Rams game.

I know I am new here but I couldn't help but just have to tell you what solution I came up with.The solution to all your problems with any NFL games or Sports games is Sling Box. I use this thing all the time mostly when I travel. I think you should try it out. I know that there are a few different companies out there that provide this service and you can choose many different satelite and cable tv packages. The pricing is pretty good to, i was quite suprised at the quality as well, seeing as though I dont have fiber internet or anything. If anyone is interested just let me know and I can help ya out.

I know I am new here but I couldn't help but just have to tell you what solution I came up with.The solution to all your problems with any NFL games or Sports games is Sling Box. I use this thing all the time mostly when I travel. I think you should try it out. I know that there are a few different companies out there that provide this service and you can choose many different satelite and cable tv packages. The pricing is pretty good to, i was quite suprised at the quality as well, seeing as though I dont have fiber internet or anything. If anyone is interested just let me know and I can help ya out.

The downfall to the Slingbox is that you have to have someone in the “home” country to connect the Slingbox device to their TV.

The downfall to the Slingbox is that you have to have someone in the “home” country to connect the Slingbox device to their TV.

!

That's how I understand it also, T. I looked into it last year, and that's what I was told. So, it's great for people who travel, but maintain a home in the USA. No good for expats, living permanently overseas.

For us, in view of the unreliability of TrueVisions, and the general lack of concern for American Football in Asia, the internet is the only answer. That's how I watched the Patriots - Bengals game this morning. You know, that would be the game that the TrueVisions magazine showed was scheduled for live broadcast at 7:30 AM on TS4; but which was nowhere to be found on TrueV.

While the picture isn't a clear as a TrueV broadcast when expanded to full screen on a TV, which is what I do, it was certainly clear enough to display the dominance of my 4-0 Patriots! :-)

I noticed the President's Cup was on TS4 before I went to bed. So I stayed up until midnight. Naturally the games were shown on channel 62 and not 64 as they had told me. TIT.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this response from True Visions in regards to SNF/MNF telecasts.

We are terribly sorry for late reply. Please be advised that eventually, the negotiation is over and we are not able to obtain the license for four NFL games a week. We have only two games through the whole season that are on Monday Morning at 0.00 am and 3.00 am. We are not able to secure the right from ESPN that live NFL games on Monday morning and Tuesday morning.

NFL Week # 7

Mon 22 Tennessee at Houston (L) 00.00 TS 4

Mon 22 Chicago at Philadelphia (L) 03.15 TS 4

TrueVisions is striving to offer the best of our service to subscribers. We sincerely apologize if this should disturb the viewing experience and assure that this was never our intention. We will strive to improve of our sports program line-up consistent with what the subscribers told us about their viewing interests. Your suggestions are appreciated and will be referred to the program providers for further consideration.

Should you have any further enquiry, do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time.

Best regards

True Visions