Baffling Google Url Issue

skippybangkok

For some strange reason, the wife computer cannot load the web for www.google.com and www.gmail.com, but i can in my computer sitting right next to her.

Have canned for virus / trojans etc, and checked trusted URL on the firefox set up. Nothing seem to work, have same issue in both Explorer and Firefox.

Any one seen this before ?

Edited by skippybangkok

I hope this won't double post first try didn't seem to work.

Are you sharing the same connection, I would assume so but never know. Are the OS's the same type. Compair the settings. Did it work before on the same two PC and now its not?

Is only google / gmail affected, or all web addresses?

Check the TCP/IP settings and make sure they are set correctly (assuming automatic w/ DHCP server).

And I take it you did the first remedy to all computer problems... restart the machine...

N.

Thanks for your kind replies.

It started on last week. We have a WiFi connection at home. Both Laptops and 1 PC's hook up to the Wifi. My Lap top and the desktop have no issue. My wifes one can connect to every site, except google.

Used Trend House call to check and in found and cleaned alot of virus / trojans. There are 2 tojans left for which I cant find their cause or how to delete. Mabye thats in, will try to find some way of deleting them.

Very weird.