Motorcycle Insurance

mussen

Hi all. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there with a fair understanding of the registration/ insurance details for motorcycles?

In the past I have received and needed to display both the registration as well as the insurance on the exterior of the bike. However I have been told that from now on the registration needs to be displayed as before, however as for the insurance portion, it is now required that I carry the printed A4 sized receipt with me at all times when riding. Is this correct? Anyone with any news on this? Also as for the insurance document, is a photo copy acceptable? I'm aso wondering if a copy or the original green book needs to be carried at all times.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there with a fair understanding of the registration/ insurance details for motorcycles?

In the past I have received and needed to display both the registration as well as the insurance on the exterior of the bike. However I have been told that from now on the registration needs to be displayed as before, however as for the insurance portion, it is now required that I carry the printed A4 sized receipt with me at all times when riding. Is this correct? Anyone with any news on this? Also as for the insurance document, is a photo copy acceptable? I'm aso wondering if a copy or the original green book needs to be carried at all times.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

Earlier this year the powers to be decided the insurance ‘sticker’ was no longer needed. However to obtain the tax ‘sticker’ one needs to show the authorities the (usually) red slip to say you have paid for the compulsory insurance before they will issue the tax ‘sticker’.

Carrying the green (registration) book is not a necessity but do carry ID, license, copy of policy and the phone number of the Insurance company – in case of an accident/problem .