It's Getting Worse!

idle44mins

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Yensabai Condotel in South Pattaya in the early hours of Monday Morning after security guards at the complex reported the discovery of an English Resident who had been repeatedly stabbed inside his room, which had also been ransacked. Rescue Workers arrived and attended to the seriously injured victim, Mr. Christopher Stapylton Cockburn aged 79 from Iver Heath in Buckinghamshire, England. The security guards explained to Police that Mr. Cockburn had gone to his room earlier in the night with two young Thai men who were later seen leaving the complex in a hurry, which alerted the Guards to a potential problem. Inside the room, the victim was found with his hands and legs tied together with a sheet from the bed and blood stains around the room suggested he put up a fight before he was eventually restrained by the assailants. The room safe had been opened and the contents taken. Police received descriptions of the two men who accompanied the victim and begun a hunt. In a stroke of luck, an incident occurred at the Big C Supercenter in South Pattaya on Monday Afternoon where a Thai Man attempted to use a Credit Card belonging to a foreigner to make a purchase totaling 23,000 Baht. The man was detained and the Police were called. He was found to be in possession of a number of credit cards, two wrist watches, a gold necklace and a mobile phone. The name on the credit cards matched the name of the victim and back at the Stationhouse Khun Pisitchai aged 19 explained he met the victim in Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya and, along with a 16 year old boy; they accompanied the victim to his room. Khun Pisitchai confessed to the serious assault and robbery and was charged accordingly. We understand Mr. Cockburn was taken to Banglamung Hospital where he remains in a serious condition after sustaining multiple stab wounds to his upper body and a head injury. The British Embassy in Bangkok is aware of the case and is attending to the victim.

post-29952-1188265370_thumb.jpgpost-29952-1188265383_thumb.jpgpost-29952-1188265404_thumb.jpgpost-29952-1188265418_thumb.jpgpost-29952-1188265430_thumb.jpg

While I certainly don't condone violence or criminality, common sense must be used when choosing one's companionship for the nite. This is especially the case for a more elderly gentleman choosing to party with 2 young bucks from the Plaza. He would obviously be at somewhat of a physical disadvantage if, for some reason, things go south during the nite. I would also not recommend doing sandwiches at that stage in life for the same reason...as you would then be outnumber 2 to 1.

As a general practice, until I get to know my companions well, I make use of the myriad short-time hotels around town to get to know them (in the biblical sense) better. After a few dates, if I like them and am comfortable with them, then they may get a short or long stay at the baan :D

PS: One of my friends from the Plaza did tell me that a couple days ago, a boy working at Jimmy's go-go in the Plaza stole a gold Rolex from a farang while back in the room. Apparently he bragged around the Plaza about selling it for around B 50K. Apparently a real dumbski, however, as he returned to the go-go a few days after the theft/sale (didn't disappear for a few months in the wilds of Issan) and the police returned and arrested him. :o

Too bad for the one boy pictured in this case - he appears to be a real cutie...could have made plenty of money I'm sure just working the Plaza without resorting to crime :D

Edited by JonnieB

...Too bad for the one boy pictured in this case too, as he appears a real cutie...could have made plenty of money I'm sure just working the Plaza without resorting to crime :o

I'm sure he will learn a great deal about both trades (sex and crime) while he's in prison for the next 20 years.

A tragic case, a news item worthy of posting. The advice already given is ample enough, and may I add that if they do not have valid ID showing they are adults, do not bring them home (and never take two that you don't know). However, we do not discuss prostitution on ThaiVisa. Let's hope this gentleman survives and thrives, and that justice is done.

Topic closed, unless a member receives more specific news about this case, in which case a PM can be sent to a moderator. Thank you.