Buying An Elephant, Cows And Waterbuffalo

Hello All

A couple of questions. What would be the cost of water buffalo to buy..average buffale average size,,,and a good cow loking for two of each.

As to an elephant, love to own one as a pet will be able to keep it on my familys farm....What age of an elephant and any other info would be greatfull, size, age, sex, etc and cost to buy and cost to keep. Any person have any experience in these

areas..

I love animals and pets..

You better be careful what you wish for.

Cows, if you have experience should be no problem at all. My father in law just picked up 7 for 50,000, but I think this was a better than average deal.

Buffalos, although they are often handled by kids, are more tempermental than cows and require some understanding. Many people are killed by these seemingly docile creatures. Don't know the price sorry.

Elephants, require nearly 24/7 attention. If you get an elephant you better get a mahoot to go with it. You don't get many chances to make a mistake with an elephant. When they kill you they kill you very well. The only price I have heard for an elephant was 300,000, I have no idea if this is a typical price.

If you love animal, please do not keep elephants as pets. They are very expensive to keep and need a lot of care and attention.

Don't worry, I think WilliamCave was just winding us up. :o

about 30 Km west of Chiang Rai, bordering the north side of The Mae Kok river, is a touristy elephant farm with about 8 tuskers on tethers. They say you can buy one, but this being Thailand, it's most likely lease - and who knows if they sell it more than once? I believe the elephant has to stay at the farm, so actually it's more like an adoption than a purchase. Not sure the price, but I think the price 20 to 40 thousand of baht.

as an aside, I was motorbiking past that spot - about 50 Km further - rather remote area, and the villagers had a cage with what looked like raccoon kits. They were arborial and cute as can be. I offered to buy the pair, but didn't have 2,000 baht in my pocket - and neither did I have a large cage in which to put them. OK, I could have bought them to set 'em free, that would gain me some merit, I guess.