Reentry Permit, Where At New Airport?

pianoman

This is my first time flying out Internationally from the new airport, and I will need to obtain a Reentry Permit prior to flying out... I would prefer to obtain it at the airport prior to the flight if possible, rather than flying into Bangkok and making the trip to Immg. days before my flight back to the States... My flight out leaves early (6:00am) on a Monday morning, so if I go to Immig. I would need to come to Bangkok and Immig. on the Friday before...

Can anyone who has been thru this situation "Walk me Thur It"...????

Pianoman

After checking in you head for immigration and just AFTER passing through the glass divider wall but BEFORE the passport desks look left and right, depends which end of the terminal, you will see a desk and some filing cabinets with hand written signs. Those desk are where you get re-entry permit.

Make sure you bring your own photo's because cannot get any taken at airport.

After checking in you head for immigration and just AFTER passing through the glass divider wall but BEFORE the passport desks look left and right, depends which end of the terminal, you will see a desk and some filing cabinets with hand written signs. Those desk are where you get re-entry permit.

Regualar Passport Size photos I take it???? Also, do I need to have copies of anything like passport title page, current visa page or anything eles???

Pianoman

Regualar Passport Size photos I take it???? Also, do I need to have copies of anything like passport title page, current visa page or anything eles???

Pianoman

No extra copies of your passport pages needed, BUT I ALWAYS carry such with me anyway, and separate from my passport, just in case I lose my passport.

Also, get there early, may well take 30 minutes to get the re-entry permit, longer if there's a line.

Mac

If there is a line of people doing the same thing or for some reason the office is closed you are screwed. If I were you i would come to BKK early go to Immigration and get your reentry do not take the chance of coming back and doing all your visa paper work again.

BB got to it first :o

Check this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120217 there is only a re-entry desk in one of the immigration halls (the one near the Thai check-in desks).

Apparently open 24 hours but DON'T FORGET YOUR PHOTOS!!!

• 1 month later...

it IS possible to make pictures at the new airport!

Just go two floors down and the Tourist Police under the Guidance of officer Niran is more than helpful making some pictures of you. I strongly recommend you NOT to say anything when they do not give you a receipt for the 200 Baht it costs, otherwise they will take the pictures from you and refund the money.

They have also photo machines inside the duty free area. To reach them, you have to negotiate what you want with the immigration officers first and check out of Thailand. Go again two floors down, find a machine that works and go back.

It took about 5 to 10 mintues to proceed...my case was a bit special, though...more details in forum 47... :o

I thought the location for obtaining a re-entry permit used to be at the far end of Row D, past all the check-in counters but before you went into the immigration area? Or were they just recently moved?

Ah ok... now after seeing Crossy's link - it appears that the OLD desks were behind the glass counter. The NEW location would be around the end of Row D - I could've sworn I had missed something because I sent someone else to Row D and when they got back they said they got the re-entry permit and said nothing about the counter being moved.

Edited by onethailand