Opening Bank Account In Chiangrai

bahnoo

Hi guys

I know there is post in other thread regarding about opening bank account. I'm trying to open bank account in chiangrai but having problem. the bank said i need a work permit.

The bank i try are as followed:

Chiangrai Town Big C - Bangkok bank

Theong Town - Thai military bank

Anyone have problem opening account within chiangrai recently?

I have open a bank account few yrs ago but now i hear the new rules said u cant unless u have a work permit.

If anyone did manage to open a bank account recently, pls advice which bank did u try to open and with internet banking account also.

Cheers

Bahnoo

Hi guys

I know there is post in other thread regarding about opening bank account. I'm trying to open bank account in chiangrai but having problem. the bank said i need a work permit.

I have open a bank account few yrs ago but now i hear the new rules said u cant unless u have a work permit.

If anyone did manage to open a bank account recently, pls advice which bank did u try to open and with internet banking account also.

Cheers

Bahnoo

Try Kasikorn bank (old Thai Farmers) :o

Hi guys

Cheers

Bahnoo

What forms & ID are you taking with you ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Hi guys

Cheers

Bahnoo

Strictly speaking they are correct and they are following the law but they don't always apply these rules.

Keep trying and you will meet a friendly bank or take someone with you that already has an account and can introduce you. Happy banking.

Yo mates

I finally got it done. I went to chiang Kham Bangkok bank, just tell them i wanna open a saving account, debt card n internet banking.

Got it all done in 45mins.

Seems that branch dont really care. In Chiang Kham the bank officer never ask me any other docs other then my passport and where i stay.

Anyway thanks for the reply mates.

Cheers

Bahnoo

Have been keeping an eye on this thread because I'll soon be moving to CR from Chiang Mai where I have an account with SCB (and TMB). I trust that an extant account with the bank elsewhere will smooth the way to an account with SCB or TMB in Chiang Rai. I am on a retirement visa.

Does anyone have recent relevant info or recommendation between these two banks in Chiang Rai? I hesitate to try yet another new name.

Yo mates

I finally got it done. I went to chiang Kham Bangkok bank, just tell them i wanna open a saving account, debt card n internet banking.

Got it all done in 45mins.

Seems that branch dont really care. In Chiang Kham the bank officer never ask me any other docs other then my passport and where i stay.

Anyway thanks for the reply mates.

Cheers

Bahnoo

Well done,good result.

Thanks for letting us know

:o Wiley Coyote

Have been keeping an eye on this thread because I'll soon be moving to CR from Chiang Mai where I have an account with SCB (and TMB). I trust that an extant account with the bank elsewhere will smooth the way to an account with SCB or TMB in Chiang Rai. I am on a retirement visa.

Does anyone have recent relevant info or recommendation between these two banks in Chiang Rai? I hesitate to try yet another new name.

I think maintaining TMB is good enough since in the north i see more TMB around. correct me if im wrong.

When im in the villiage TMB is alot more there. but i still prefer bbl or TFB.

Mate can i check with you is there a age limit to get a retired visa? im currently 35, planning to move over to Thailand and stay perm at the age of 40 or maybe early till i save enough.

Was thinking of getting a spouse visa. Any suggestion or advices from friends here?

Edited by bahnoo

I think maintaining TMB is good enough since in the north i see more TMB around. correct me if im wrong.

When im in the villiage TMB is alot more there. but i still prefer bbl or TFB.

Mate can i check with you is there a age limit to get a retired visa? im currently 35, planning to move over to Thailand and stay perm at the age of 40 or maybe early till i save enough.

Was thinking of getting a spouse visa. Any suggestion or advices from friends here?

50 is the lower age limit for the retirement visa. Expert answers on visa questions will be more easily available to you in the visa forum.