Retirement visa - i just received mine!

When you apply for a retirement visa in the united states, you have to submit 3 copies of the visa application, and 3 passport size photos. One copy stays here, one copy goes to immigration in Bangkok, and the other copy goes to the ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkpk. so you see, once you apply you cannot change your mind and opt for a different type of O visa.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once you apply you cannot change your mind and opt for a different type of O visa.

You already have used the visa.  You are now, when here in Thailand, extending your stay.  You can do this on the basis or marriage, retirement etc if you meet the requirements.  The choice is yours. :o

• 1 month later...

Lancelot, you mentioned that "bank wire fees are too expensive" and that you use Net Bank to wire the money - Are they cheaper with wire transfers or did you use another means to get the funds into your BKK bank account?

LRimmler,

Sorry for the late response!

I found by using Bangkok Bank's US Correspondent bank (Bank Bank NYC) I can wire money for about $25 US. Not too bad; I just try to keep banking fees to an absolute minimum.

Since I should only have to make one wire transfer annuall, the $25 wire transfer fee is just a cost of living in Thailand.

Overall, the cost to live in BKK is very reasonable, IMHO.

All the best,

Lance