Sakon Nakhorn

mumbojumbo

My wife is from Sakon Nakhon and she live with me in Norway now.

Nice city and we rent a house close to city center for her father and her two sons.

Internet very OK as we use Skype to talk to them every day.

In addition to Lotus there is also BigC, Home Pro and Macro.

Also a lot of building activity in the area.

May be buy land or house next year, so if anyone know of something that can be of interest so please say so.

Nice city and we rent a house close to city center for her father and her two sons.

May be buy land or house next year, so if anyone know of something that can be of interest so please say so.

We make the trip from Kalasin up to Sakon Nakhon about five or six times a year to replenish our Beef Supply from the Thai-French Beef Company... You mention that there is a Home Pro??? Can I ask where in town to find it??? I am familar with Lotus, and even once found the Big C, but have never seen Home Pro..

Pianoman

We make the trip from Kalasin up to Sakon Nakhon about five or six times a year to replenish our Beef Supply from the Thai-French Beef Company... You mention that there is a Home Pro??? Can I ask where in town to find it??? I am familar with Lotus, and even once found the Big C, but have never seen Home Pro..

Pianoman

Their www page must be out of date, no Home Pro shown at Sakhon Nakhon.

http://www.homepro.co.th/en/index.asp#

Mac

A few years ago i took an Isaan holiday, and one of the towns i enjoyed was Sakon Nakhorn.

Questions:

Many frarang live there?

Is there a superstore there?

internet connection ok?

any other info be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

My wife is from Sn we've been over in the uk for nearly 3 years now, and I have stayed with her family several times in SN, actually in a village about 10 miles west of town.

As above theres a Lotus and a new supermarket in the town centre.

Town is pretty quiet, nightlife I think restricted to the Golden Pond which is a good outdoor restaurant and Night club full of thai kids open till all hours. Theres also a very good restaurant in town...the Green ? something near the market. I have yet to meet an English guy in SN but have met a few Scandinavians. Its quiet up there you have to be able to handle nothing happening and being the centre of attention every time you leave the house!

We have bought land west of town not far from the airport, cheapish at about £2k, will build later on it.

I am told there are english guys there and a walked past a European bar last time just north of the town centre about half mile out of town, german I think, so there must be some locals.

Primitive, never found good meat etc easy to find, but wonderful people and a very slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow way of life !!!

maybe see you there one day

Shrek

There is a HomePro, and they just opened a Homemart, about 1/4 kilometer from Lotus, on the same side of the street. HomePro, if you are on Highway 22 (same road Lotus is on) coming from the airport, when you get into town the road makes a sharp right hand turn. This is where you would make a "U" turn if you where going back to Lotus. After you make the right hand turn go start into town. Follow that road past the bus station untill it dead ends. You can only turn right or left, turn right. Homepro is on that road, about 1 or 2 kilometers on your right.

Shrek, can you tell me where that European bar is?

Pianoman, Where is the Thai-French Beef company?

It is a Quiet town and not much in nightlife. But life is slow there and I like that. When I need night life, It's a quick flight to Bangkok or a couple hour drive to Udon Thani, and I'm good for awhile. For a slower pace, it's a nice town.

Watch out for the DOG MEAT! :o

There is a HomePro, and they just opened a Homemart, about 1/4 kilometer from Lotus, on the same side of the street. HomePro, if you are on Highway 22 (same road Lotus is on) coming from the airport, when you get into town the road makes a sharp right hand turn. This is where you would make a "U" turn if you where going back to Lotus. After you make the right hand turn go start into town. Follow that road past the bus station untill it dead ends. You can only turn right or left, turn right. Homepro is on that road, about 1 or 2 kilometers on your right.

It is a Quiet town and not much in nightlife. But life is slow there and I like that. When I need night life, It's a quick flight to Bangkok or a couple hour drive to Udon Thani, and I'm good for awhile. For a slower pace, it's a nice town.

ok will try and describe how i ended up walking past it...was 2 years ago and was empty so no promises

when you get to the sharp right turn just past lotus (coming from the airport towards town). instead of turning right to go into town go straight on. I was looking for the thai air booking office, walked on there maybe 0.5 km then took a right, the booking office was on the right. That road drops down a gradual hill for about 1 km comes out near the market. bar was on the left (coming towards town)fairly near the top of the hill I think.

Restaurant is the green corner but you will no doubt know that place

We will be in Don Mafai

Will be there on 29/10 email me your email address will buy you a beer

[email protected]

also pianoman me too where is the thai french beef company ? Never seen good meat east of udon

ok will try and describe how i ended up walking past it...was 2 years ago and was empty so no promises

when you get to the sharp right turn just past lotus (coming from the airport towards town). instead of turning right to go into town go straight on. I was looking for the thai air booking office, walked on there maybe 0.5 km then took a right, the booking office was on the right. That road drops down a gradual hill for about 1 km comes out near the market. bar was on the left (coming towards town)fairly near the top of the hill I think.

Restaurant is the green corner but you will no doubt know that place

We will be in Don Mafai

Will be there on 29/10 email me your email address will buy you a beer

[email protected]

also pianoman me too where is the thai french beef company ? Never seen good meat east of udon

the road where you go straight on after lotus...seem to think the prison was up there on the left...past that then turn right...thai air booking office on right....european bar very near on other side of road