Renewing Tourist Visas

hello, everyone...

once a tourist visa(60 +30) expires, what are the requirements to obtain another tourist visa in a neighbouring country? also, i have read that after 3 back to back tourist visas, it may be required to leave thailand for 6 months before return. is this rule still being overlooked for the most part? finally, will i be required to show proof of my income on back to back tourist visas, or is it just as simple as getting a new stamp?

thanks in advance for your comments!

Do ATM slips (withdrawn from a Foreign Bank) also Count as money transfer from abroad ???

NO.

There is nothing to show it is your ATM slip.

You need to transfer the money to a Thai bank,

and make sure they give you the record of the transfer.

I use KTB and they are very helpful, telephoning head office to

get the transfer record for me, if necessary.

If i understand you right....you are in Thailand and using an ATM card issued by a foreign bank to withdraw funds and then re deposit in your Thai bank account. Cant see any problems with that, providing the foreign card is in your name and the account numbers match up.

Astral have a look at the link i posted according to Thai Immigration reciepts are ok as long as they match the name on the card. As it happens i have just used a foreign card today at an KTB ATM......ive just checked the receipt and it does indeed have the card number on it so the receipt can be matched to the name on the card.(link was 2 above your post)

Astral have a look at the link i posted according to Thai Immigration reciepts are ok as long as they match the name on the card. As it happens i have just used a foreign card today at an KTB ATM......ive just checked the receipt and it does indeed have the card number on it so the receipt can be matched to the name on the card.(link was 2 above your post)

ATM receipts can not be used for proof of funds transfer for visa extensions unless you meet a very understanding official. :o

What you gave as a link was not talking about visa extensions but about border crossings - in that case they could be used to prove person had outside source of funds and thus not be suspected of working.

Will also point out that not all receipts provide your account number.

Astral  have  a  look  at  the  link  i  posted  according  to  Thai  Immigration  reciepts  are  ok  as  long  as  they  match the  name  on  the  card. As  it  happens  i  have  just  used  a  foreign  card  today  at  an  KTB  ATM......ive  just  checked  the  receipt  and  it  does  indeed  have  the  card  number  on  it  so  the  receipt  can  be  matched  to  the  name  on  the  card.(link  was  2  above  your  post)

ATM receipts can not be used for proof of funds transfer for visa extensions unless you meet a very understanding official. :o

What you gave as a link was not talking about visa extensions but about border crossings - in that case they could be used to prove person had outside source of funds and thus not be suspected of working.

Will also point out that not all receipts provide your account number.

Sorry Lop but the original poster was talking about border crossings and not extensions and the 2nd poster MJCM didnt give an indication as to what he was talking about. Thanks for the input anyway (only joking na!) :D

Hey Lop thanks for the link, I/m sure if the original poster ever wants a Non Imm visa it will come in very handy.........but since he was only asking re tourist visas it wont be much use. :o Seriously though might be good idea to post again on your link to clarify the ATM receipts and tourist visa situation. An aside..........for the first 5 years i was here on back to back tourist double entry visas i was not once asked to show proof of funds when applying for the new visa in Penang (now have Non Imm)

But you are the only one still answering the original poster - and you finished that with post two. We moved on to MJCM question (note he said "also count"). These threads are subject to frequent hijackings. :o

ATM receipts will do (that’s what tourists normally have), as long as you can prove that the card/account on which the money is drawn belongs to you. (To borrow ATM receipts from a friend won’t work). Whether your money comes from work, savings, or a rich aunt abroad doesn’t matter. You private economy doesn’t concern the Immigration, they just want to make sure that you aren’t working illegal or begging in the streets while you are here.

lopburi3 and jan485, is this explanation enough to answer your questions?

--------------------

lopburi3 Posted: Apr 28 2004, 05:16 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 42

Thanks very much and you answered my next question with the "atm proof" paragraph.

Extract from Thaiimmigration.com.............was this you Lop? :o

Bad guess I guess. As you had already answered about tourist visa I thought we had progressed to transfer of funds for visa extension. Oh well gave us some typing practice.

Yes that post was mine so subject rang a bell.