Suvarnabhumi Departure With Late Address Report

Consensus some time back was failure to do a 90 day address report would not cause a problem on Suvarnabhumi departure.

Any resnet news on this?

Thanks

Current consensus is that they are being more rigorous on enforcing 90 day reporting. If the officer at immigration notices (and there is a good chance that he/she won't), you will be referred to the table at the back and potentially fined THB 2,000. Make sure you have the cash on you just in case.

Current consensus is that they are being more rigorous on enforcing 90 day reporting. If the officer at immigration notices (and there is a good chance that he/she won't), you will be referred to the table at the back and potentially fined THB 2,000. Make sure you have the cash on you just in case.

Unless the paper is still stapled to the passport page, how would they know? Is it computerized now?

The first time I did a 90-day report but departed Thailand before the date due, the Immigrations inspector at the airport removed the paper form from the passport.

Several times since then, the inspectors have totally ignored the paper stapled to the passport, so I now have a well out-of-date form stapled in my passport, showing a report due date of March 2007. Not a problem, as I can document via the entry/exit stamps that I never was in Thailand over 90 days.

My point is that some Immigrations inspectors can/will remove the paper form at the airport. If the form is not there, how would an inspector at the airport know when your last address report was?

I would never ever suggest you remove the form yourself, even if it benefited you by masking an overdue report. :o

Unless the paper is still stapled to the passport page, how would they know? Is it computerized now?

The first time I did a 90-day report but departed Thailand before the date due, the Immigrations inspector at the airport removed the paper form from the passport.

Several times since then, the inspectors have totally ignored the paper stapled to the passport, so I now have a well out-of-date form stapled in my passport, showing a report due date of March 2007. Not a problem, as I can document via the entry/exit stamps that I never was in Thailand over 90 days.

My point is that some Immigrations inspectors can/will remove the paper form at the airport. If the form is not there, how would an inspector at the airport know when your last address report was?

I would never ever suggest you remove the form yourself, even if it benefited you by masking an overdue report. :o

If there isn't 90-day report receipt stapled into your passport and your last entry stamp indicates that you've been in Thailand for more than 90 days, the outbound immigration officer could ask why you haven't reported. I've never had an immigration officer at a border crossing remove a receipt (either inbound or outbound) - only the officers at Suan Phlu have removed them when I've made the next report.

But like you, I do get the feeling that as long as there is a receipt stapled into your passport, most immigration officers don't check the date on it to see if it is within the last 90 days.

If there isn't 90-day report receipt stapled into your passport and your last entry stamp indicates that you've been in Thailand for more than 90 days, the outbound immigration officer could ask why you haven't reported.

Ah. Sometimes the most obvious answer eludes me.