How Many Of Us?

francois

hi'

as some know I moved back to europe ...

but, since I was wondering how many of us moved or planned to move out of LOS,

to Europe or US or else?

I have seen quite a few already relocated ...

what about you?

and if yes ... what were your main reason(s)?

cheers

francois

As I have not been out of the country for over 4 years, I think I am in need of a culture change for a while and will be leaving soon for a few months. I think I will always call Thailand home, but I will make sure from now on that I go somewhere once per year so I can see what I miss about the place. The grass is always greener until you arrive.

I enjoy my business trips abroad, it makes a change of scenery and pace.

However the grass is not always greener.

I am in Mumbai at the moment and the dirt and poverty is appalling!!

Thai slums look like garden suburbs by comparision.

I am only not in Thailand cos i am working in japan, but i live in Thailand, i dont think Europe has much appeal anymore to me, i can work 2 months here and build a house in Thailand..............

Try doing that in UK :o

Just living for whatever reason in the UK, it being the jealous society that it has become, sounds like a jail sentence.

very true....Living in Uk means you have to work so hard just to cover all the expenses.... :o...If I could I would go to live in Thailand today

As I have not been out of the country for over 4 years, I think I am in need of a culture change for a while and will be leaving soon for a few months. I think I will always call Thailand home, but I will make sure from now on that I go somewhere once per year so I can see what I miss about the place. The grass is always greener until you arrive.

Thought you said you were headed up to the UK earlier in the year? It's tough being a real-estate magnate! :o

I'm afraid I burned my bridges before I moved here and have nothing to return to. Hense I have not set foot outside the country fot over six years and can not see doing so for some time to come.

Relocation & setting up again elsewhere wojuld cost too much in finances, time, stress & strain. I'm happy where I am.

NO WAY do I want to return to the UK.

I like Thailand, that's why I am here.

I didn't go home in my first 4 years, but have been back twice now.

Only good thing was seeing the family/friends that can't visit us here.

I enjoy going to Oz for holidays, 3 times now. I hate the cold weather.

Why are you so interested if you are not here anymore? Move on.

hi'

as some know I moved back to europe ...

but, since I was wondering how many of us moved or planned to move out of LOS,

to Europe or US or else?

I have seen quite a few already relocated ...

what about you?

and if yes ... what were your main reason(s)?

cheers

francois

Hi Francois,

Why did you move back to France?

Sarawudt

Guess the Grass looks pretty green when you first come to LOS.

I note the Scamps plight.

Work is not easy to find and once you burn your savings and live on a thai salary its not a great place.

Maybe we need a poll as to why people came and stayed.

Wonder what the main reason would be???

Guess the Grass looks pretty green when you first come to LOS.

I note the Scamps plight.

Work is not easy to find and once you burn your savings and live on a thai salary its not a great place.

Maybe we need a poll as to why people came and stayed.

Wonder what the main reason would be???

Working on a Thai salary is unsustainable in Thailand. The law for foreigners is not based on Thai conditions and salaries. Those farang teaching at government universities and rajapats do not enjoy benefits like government pension plan, 30 baht health scheme, etc. Overtime will not be paid anymore at Kasetsart, Thammasart and other government universities is the latest I heard, this will allow for Thais doing research and giving teaching load to farang, who will have to do this unpaid.

It is indeed not clever to not think about one's future, working for a Thai salary would mean that you'd have to leave the country when retirementtime draws closer as you won't be able to fulfil the requirements.

last year I was thinking about staying in Norway a couple of years with my Thai wife. My pension is about 70k a months. The Norwegian refused visa to my wife, also a 90 days visa was refused. They need garanti of minimum 73k a month and a residence(a house or someone to garanti for rest of the money and a place to stay.) I lived in Thailand since 1978 so I don't have a house, and I don't want to ask som relatives for garanti for a place to live 2 years and cover health insurance and the rest of money. Don't blame Thailand for their peanuts garanti and easy visa rules, try Norway! Or maybe its the the same rules in all of europe now?

hi

Hi Francois,

Why did you move back to France?

for a lot of reasons ...

financial, family, and mainly the education of my daughter ...

but, even if I still have a house in France, and some nice friends, I miss Thai life...

rules and regulations are some part of it too ... just a little :D

life is going on, and I expect to come back some days :o

cheers

francois

hi'

YES FRANCOIS .If you could have a job in japan ??

well well :o

what kind of job?

as a computer system technician, web-designer?

or something else?

always ready for a good opportunity :D

more precisions appreciated :D

cheers

francois

Wonder where can you get 1 Million Bht per month Salary in Thailand?  :o

I would say become a senior manager for an american multi-national.

That's not much more then what my company's country manager makes.

I, of course, only make about half that.

TH

I love Thailand but when going back to Australia i really appreciate what my home country has to offer. When i win lotto bigtime :D will spend 6 months in Tasmania and 6 months in the Kingdom to escape winter :o

After 6 months straight in Tasmania you'll love Thailand so much more :D

Got no plans to return really.

Try and fly home every year to catch up with family/mates etc., but after about a week I start getting depressed... :o

Got a good job out here as most of my work comes from overseas (in other words, I can be based anywhere). As long as that continues, happy days!