Do Thais Ever Comment On Your Partners Ethnicity?

JohnnyThai

one of the weird things living for Thailand for me is how highly regarded the Thai Chinese are. My wife is Thai Chinese and I will often recieve acknowledgment of this fact from even Isaan and Southern Thais. They look at us and with a sort of mystified expression comment that I am a farang and that my wife isn't 'see dam'. My wife was confused, until I explained to her that most farang perfer Isaan women. Number one, why do Thai people think Thai Chinese are better than other Thais? Number two, is your Thai partner Thai Chinese, and if so, have you experienced this sort of thing?

Edited by JohnnyThai

one of the weird things living for Thailand for me is how highly regarded the Thai Chinese are. My wife is Thai Chinese

2 hours ago you had a Thai GF, now you have a Thai Chinese wife......

Johnny, when you are gonna troll mate, get your house in order, at least try to be consistent with your fantasy world, just to give it the slightest possibility of being real to others, even if you know it isn't yourself.

Bleedin' amatuer!

Edited by Maigo6

one of the weird things living for Thailand for me is how highly regarded the Thai Chinese are. My wife is Thai Chinese

2 hours ago you had a Thai GF, now you have a Thai Chinese wife......

Johnny, when you are gonna troll mate, get your house in order!!

Bleedin' amatuer!

I second that.

i didnt realize thai chinese arent thai. :D

In the other thread: Your quote " I asked my girl friend what Thai people thought when they see a 55 year old farang and a 20 year old Thai women. She said that she thinks the following" unquote

Now you have a wife ?

Like I say, a rank bleedin' amatuer. :o

Edited by Maigo6

i didnt realize thai chinese arent thai. :D

In the other thread: Your quote " I asked my girl friend what Thai people thought when they see a 55 year old farang and a 20 year old Thai women. She said that she thinks the following" unquote

Now you have a wife ?

Like I say, a rank bleedin' amatuer. :o

I have a wife and a girl friend you idiot.

I have a wife and a girl friend you idiot.

There is no way that there are 2 people in the same country or even on the same continent who would fall for such a fool, another flaw in your fantastic world of dreams.

Give it up Johnny, you've been exposed...

You'll have a BF next.

Number one, why do Thai people think Thai Chinese are better than other Thais?

For better or worse, nearly anyone (with some exceptions) with more wealth is "better" here.

If the Thai Chinese and lighter skinned indigenous Thais were instead dark, the rest of the locals wouldn't be buying up whitening cremes.

:o

good post Heng.

I find it VERY unlikely that JT has a Thai Chinese wife. If a farang has a Thai Chinese wife, he doesnt have to brag about it. Whenever you see someone bragging about something online, it probably isnt true. As to answer you orginial question, yes I have a Thai Chinese wife and yes people do make these type of comments. I agree with Heng, it is because the Thai Chinese are more beautiful and wealthy which means that they are also more likely to be well educated. Go to Siam Paragon. The customers have light skin and the people working there have dark skin.

was in the paragon last week and all the people working in all the fancy but empty prada and christian dior stores are all well-dressed and light-skinned.it's the broom pushers and trash collectors who are dark-skinned in the malls.

how do all the fancy upscale stores pay the rent with no customers?

ocean world in the basement is the only place i spent any money there.

was in the paragon last week and all the people working in all the fancy but empty prada and christian dior stores are all well-dressed and light-skinned.it's the broom pushers and trash collectors who are dark-skinned in the malls.

how do all the fancy upscale stores pay the rent with no customers?

ocean world in the basement is the only place i spent any money there.

really? I dont know I am always kind of surprised that the girls working in these designer stores are usually older and not very attractive. In Hong Kong and Singapore, these are some of the best places to pick up girls, but in Bangkok, not so much.

Do Thais Ever Comment On Your Partners Ethnicity?

Yes, and times it is very annoying. Some here are convinced that the old lady of a farang has to be from Isaarn, and won't stop talking Lao to her, even though she only has a dim understanding of that dialect. She is from the North, and ethnic Yuan. I even have met some who suddenly rearranged the map and moved her northern home province into the northeast to conform with their stereotypes.

Thailand's population does not only contain Issarnites and Thai Chinese.

And yes, plenty of impoverished Thai Chinese around as well.

There are indeed some Sino-Thai "lookers" out there but also quite a number of fuglies as well. Typically the Sino-Thai gorls are steered by their families in the direction of dudes of similar ethnicity, not particularly farangophiles, and certainly not bottom-feeding about for some pensioner to finance their new Mio and a 4 baht gold bracelet.

:o

one of the weird things living for Thailand for me is how highly regarded the Thai Chinese are. My wife is Thai Chinese and I will often recieve acknowledgment of this fact from even Isaan and Southern Thais. They look at us and with a sort of mystified expression comment that I am a farang and that my wife isn't 'see dam'. My wife was confused, until I explained to her that most farang perfer Isaan women. Number one, why do Thai people think Thai Chinese are better than other Thais? Number two, is your Thai partner Thai Chinese, and if so, have you experienced this sort of thing?

If you think your situation is weird, imagine having a "thai" wife, born and raised in the west who can hardly speak thai.

You'll grow out of caring about this sort of childish nonsense after you have been here long enough, trust me.

And let's not forget there are of course plenty of poor Thai-Chinese as well. I even discovered a Thai-Chinese semi skilled laborer on one of our construction crews not too long ago.

Unbelievable. You really are beginning to show your true colours.

Yes, it is so confusing. My husband is dark and a native of central Chiang Mai; his best friend is Tai Yong and lighter; my MaeHongSon boyfriend is one half Tai Yai and quite light, and that other boyfriend from southern CMai province may also have been Tai Yong, and spoke about visiting relatives in China...oh wait, this is a troll-fest, and here I am telling medium porkies.....

No Thais don't comment on my wife's ethnicity. The crassness of treating women like chicken, "oh, I like the dark meat", "oh, no, I prefer the light meat", seems to be important to the farang predator crowd.

Apparently you don't know Thais very well. Skin colour is frequently commented on in general conversation, be it men's or women's.

Edit: bkks'pore, please take a chill pill. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular as fugly, so no need to take an innocent observation so personally.

Edited by jing jing

I dont care what they think about my wife or where shes from or what colour or what our relationship is. Thai Chinese pah just stupid hi so one upmanship and she thinks the same too. She is from Loei has 10 brothers and sisters and they all vary wildly in colour from jet black to very pale.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h101/pmrose18/1.jpg

Here she is enjoying her favourite food in Pattaya .